cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reserving an IP address

I am trying to reserve specific IP addresses for my home server, printer etc.

I have entered the device details (IP/MAC/Name)

they show on the reserved list but if they are offline, their addresses are allocated randomly to other devices.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’re presumably using a NowTV router, which I don’t have so it’s possible that the following might not apply.

On my router, a BrightBox2, on the DHCP settings page as well as being able to reserve IP addresses by MAC address, I can also set an allocation range for DHCP addresses. For instance, I’ve set the upper limit to 192.168.1.130. This lets me allocate fixed addresses above that, knowing that they will stick. This is in addition to having three reserved addresses below .130.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’re presumably using a NowTV router, which I don’t have so it’s possible that the following might not apply.

On my router, a BrightBox2, on the DHCP settings page as well as being able to reserve IP addresses by MAC address, I can also set an allocation range for DHCP addresses. For instance, I’ve set the upper limit to 192.168.1.130. This lets me allocate fixed addresses above that, knowing that they will stick. This is in addition to having three reserved addresses below .130.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Thats what I was looking for 🙂

Thanks

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad I could help.