cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing Freeview Channels from list

Hi, 

im really trying hard to make the NowTV smart box as easy to use for the elderly.

i need to know I'd if there is a way to remove Freeview Channels from the list, so that only key channels of importance show up, as the Freeview List is too overwhelming and the Channel Logos are hard to see (size) for the elderly.

hence at the most basic level, I want to remove most of the Freeview channels and retain the major ones and a few others of interest. This way it is harder for them to become overwhelmed and lost by a huge list.

Also, if support is reading this and it is not possible to remove channels, PLEASE CONSIDER putting this as an option in the settings as an update.

There needs to be more customization to make the interface less confusing for the elderly by using a variety of methods. This request is definitely one of them and also useful for other users.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no options to remove,reorder or hide channels.

lenturn
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, 

im really trying hard to make the NowTV smart box as easy to use for the elderly.

i need to know I'd if there is a way to remove Freeview Channels from the list, so that only key channels of importance show up, as the Freeview List is too overwhelming and the Channel Logos are hard to see (size) for the elderly.

hence at the most basic level, I want to remove most of the Freeview channels and retain the major ones and a few others of interest. This way it is harder for them to become overwhelmed and lost by a huge list.

Also, if support is reading this and it is not possible to remove channels, PLEASE CONSIDER putting this as an option in the settings as an update.

There needs to be more customization to make the interface less confusing for the elderly by using a variety of methods. This request is definitely one of them and also useful for other users.

As already mentioned there is no way to remove channels unfortunately.  I agree that the Freeview part isn't very user friendly for the elderly (or anyone really), and hope we see a way to either remove channels or have a favourites list in a future update.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ability to remove the adult channels would be good in my opinion.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely think Sky need to address this. People need to be able to edit the list. I'm sure not everyone , especially parents, wants the adult channels on display and I'd like to scrub out shopping channels and other dross.