cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control not working

Hi all,

I've just set up a new smart box and the remote has just stopped responding. The light is flashing on the box, but nothing on the remote. It worked initially for the setup but now nothing. Tried replacing batteries, turning everything off, unplugging etc but no joy. 

A remote from one of the older style boxes is working with the smart box so do I just need to get a new remote or am I missing something? It tries to pair but then nothing.

So annoying.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried re pairing the smart remote controller by following this help guide ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the exact same issue. First the navigation of nowtv was horrendously slow. Bought a WiFi booster which is in the same room as the tv. Reset the stick and now it won’t connect to the control. It just freezes on the connecting screen and the remote has a green light. Brand new box too and incredibly frustrated at trying what’s been suggested on here for it not to work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s actually now gone into screensaver and nothing I can do to wake it up! 
I should also mention I’ve tried plugging it into two TVs in two different rooms to no success... Have I just got a dodgy stick?! We have another one in the house that has worked fine since day 1!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone, 

I'm having trouble with my controller stopped working, have replaced batteries and also reset it. Have also tested on several devices and still not working. I have downloaded the controller on the app and NowTV is fine, but annoying when kids want to use as keep stealing my phone. This has never happened before with other NowTV sticks I've had?? Can we return and get a new controller?? Thanks