cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote Control

I purchased my first NOW TV box years ago, then I got a second box for my daughter's bedroom.... When NOW TV advertised the Combo box I purchased one within the first 5 days of them going live. I took the broadband deal, monthly payments with their phone line and 3 monthly passes by subscription.

I still have the basic remote control, can anyone advise how I get the updated remote? It's only for my smart combo box.... I find it shocking that the new remote with voice option and dedicated TV guide option etc is only available with the NOW TV stick?? You can only access a TV guide with a smart box because it has an aerial socket for this option?

I have been with NOW TV for years and I am more than happy with my deal.... But why is it so hard to get a newer remote control, that I've been asking them to upgrade for a very long time?

If anyone can advise it'd be appreciated... I was in an online chat with Ashish, but sadly I was timed out of the chat before I could even reply.

Feel a bit let down that I need to buy a NOW TV stick, to get a remote control that dedicates buttons to my smart box.

Thanks guys...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User given that you did not get a new style remote with your smart box. I would presume that your device is not compatible.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User given that you did not get a new style remote with your smart box. I would presume that your device is not compatible.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand rhay, but even when I'm logged in and try to order a stick, which would then be my 5th purchased device from NOWTV, it persistently tells me 'oops... Something went wrong there... Try again'.

I'd like to say that I'm not annoyed with NOW TV, if I was, or I didn't like the service, then I wouldn't have been a dedicated customer since day one.... I just want the new remote. My friends remote works perfectly well on my smart box... She has come to my house with it and it's great with my smart box.... I just want someone to tell me how to buy one. For the first time, in nearly 4 years with NOWTV, I'm just being timed out of chats and ignored.... I've always praised you guys for the level of customer service provided... I'm honestly not being rude... I just want the newer remote control.... Can you help.me with that? I'll be forever thankful 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Rumley

Have you tried Amazon UK?  They have third party sellers on their site that sell Now TV remote controls, one of these sellers may have the RC you're looking for.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you ukbobboy I'll have a look... If it's an authorised seller then I'll purchase. I'm an Amazon prime member too but they say that they can't guarantee that they're official providers. I really appreciate your reply, it's more than I've had back from NOWTV.

I'll do another search on Amazon... I just honestly thought it'd be easier to ask the Chat guys on here but I'm told that they are transferring me to an expert in the 'concern team' and then time me out on the chat.... I'm honestly not being a difficult customer. I love my fab fibre, my Roku boxes and my DD contract I've had for over 2 years.... I just wanted to purchase the new remote through my official account.

Thanks again, I'll take a look at outside retailers if NOWTV won't sell me one.

Thanks again! Greatly Appreciated 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

NowTV don't sell accessories on their website such has remote controllers or power adapters for their devices, where they will direct you to the Sky Accessories Shop (see link below).

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

When you tried your friends smart remote on your NowTV Freeview box did the TV volume button & standby button on the nowtv smart remote work on your Television ?

Where i believe you would need to temporary use a nowtv stick or 4K smart box in your setup to pick up the IR code commands off your TV set.

I use a nowtv smart remote with a NowTV Freeview box and the majority of the remote buttons work with the Freeview smart box, apart from the voice search button together with three out of the four direct access buttons doesn't work on my nowtv Freeview box (only the Sky Store button works).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Another thing that i forgot to mention and has only now crossed my mind (due to that i have been switching my Freeview box on & off at the mains power outlet more recently).

Is that the way the nowtv Freeview smart box works when not used in deep sleep mode, that you would either need to use the standard infra red nowtv remote to wake up the box or some sort of Wake on Lan App on your smartphone or tablet to initially wake up the nowtv Freeview box from standby mode (pressing any button on the nowtv replacement smart remote will not switch on the nowtv Freeview smart box from it's deep sleep mode).

Otherwise, you will have to switch the power off and back on again to soft reboot & wake up the nowtv Freeview smart box like i have been doing.

This shouldn't be the case with the older nowtv black puck size box that doesn't go into this deep state hibernation mode like the smart Freeview nowtv box.

Thought i would point this out so you are aware of it.