cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Buffering and picture freezing

I have a now tv box and an Amazon fire stick for Amazon prime and Netflix. Just recently the picture on now tv keeps freezing, the sound is ok but the picture starts again going at fast speed to catch up. Amazon prime and Netflix buffers all the time. I get my broadband from plusnet. I have checked all the cables. Getting really fed up with it now. Can anyone help

2 REPLIES 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

• How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Jenny

I note that you are having problems with all your online services, it could be useful to call your ISPs helpdesk and see if there is anything they can do.  For example, it is possible for ISPs to adjust you internet connection so that it favours online streaming services.

I say this because my ISP has done just that, the following is a line from their web-site: 

We've made some improvements to our network which will improve your connection to some popular high bandwidth services such as YouTube and Netflix.

If your ISP can make a similar adjustment then you will find your current problem will be greatly improved.

In the meantime, answer SMD's questions as best you can because, as a senior forum member with a lot of technical knowledge, he may provide you with another way to tackle your problem.

UK Bob