cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purple or Green line down right side of picture in 4067 firmware.

Is anyone else seeing this in the 4067 firmware ?

It only happens when the Smart Box is set to 720 output and over scan (Just Scan on an LG) is turned off.

Setting to 1080 output and/or putting overscan on covers it up, but obviously softens the picture.

I reported it at the end of the red button trials - chased Sky several times. They say Roku are working on it.

The TV is an LG32PG6000 Plasma. (Yes it IS 32 and it IS Plasma).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update for anyone who's interested in this issue....

I've chased Sky for a response and they have said that a fix will be applied in the next system update for the Smart box - and that update will be in mid May.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem on my TV. It's a Digihome one from Tesco.

if I change the Smart Box output to 1080 then it solves the problem but I find that then means the box goes into overdrive and the fan whirs increasingly loudly.

What I have done, however, is moved the box so it's further away from the heat given out by the TV. So far tonight I haven't had any loud whirring, although it only occurs when I'm using it to view the terrestrial channels. If I'm just watching NOW TV I not have any whirring issues regardless of what the output is set as.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to correct myself - I meant the 4057 firware (not4067).

Interesting to know I'm not alone.

I guess the majority of people use 1080 output so won't notice this problem at all.

The fault was not present before 4057, which introduced the red button on BBC.

I don't use Freeview through my Smart box so haven't come across the fan issue - is it mainly on non HD channels ? The box would be upscaling those to 1080 so it would be working a bit harder. Just a thought.

I've tried re-connecting my older small black box which has now updated to firmware 4058 and it does not have the green/purple line in 720 output mode. It never did.

So this does seem unique to the Smart box running 4057 in 720 output mode. It's inevitable that the Smart box will also update to 4058 soon though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update for anyone who's interested in this issue....

I've chased Sky for a response and they have said that a fix will be applied in the next system update for the Smart box - and that update will be in mid May.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well @Anonymous User,

Given that your LG 32PG6000 plasma panel has a native resolution of 1024 x 720 pixels you're actually much better off setting your 'smart' boxes 'Display type' mode to '720p HD TV', not '1080p HD TV'... As you'll obtain near pixel-to-pixel matching 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I know that. I do use 720.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The latest smart box update has indeed fixed this problem. Everything is now fine again in both 720 and 1080 mode.