cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power Supply

I have a unsupported white Now TV box. Will the power cable for this older white unit power any supported boxes? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had some spare time on my hands and dug out every single NowTV box version (where i own them all) and tried the power adapter that came with the white (now unsupported box) and the power tip on the end of the cable of the white box power adapter is much larger compared to the other boxes.

Therefore it doesn't fit plus the voltage rating differs on all other NowTV boxes and the other boxes need a 2A rated power supply, where the white box only has a 1A rated power supply on the adapter plug.

So it looks like a no go to me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your talking about the Now TV stick then it would be a no, because the Now TV stick is powered by USB.

It’s possible that it could be used for the black box or smart box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had some spare time on my hands and dug out every single NowTV box version (where i own them all) and tried the power adapter that came with the white (now unsupported box) and the power tip on the end of the cable of the white box power adapter is much larger compared to the other boxes.

Therefore it doesn't fit plus the voltage rating differs on all other NowTV boxes and the other boxes need a 2A rated power supply, where the white box only has a 1A rated power supply on the adapter plug.

So it looks like a no go to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just  wanted to thankyou for posting the answer to my question -- your response was very helpfull and much appriciated. Many thanks Phil