cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pluto live tv channels

I have a problem, the pluto app was working fine a few weeks ago before I was advised to do a factory reset for a separate issue. The on demand side of pluto is working but as for the live channels it only brings up sports, no other categories are showing at all, I have tried resetting my box and uninstalling pluto and installing again, any advice as I have tried everything I can think of to get all the channels up as I stated previously this is just the live tv channels, on demand channels and films are fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just checked the Pluto App on my NOW Smart Freeview box and the live TV Guide and live channels seem to be working ok for me (currently watching "We Were Soldiers" on channel 50 Movies.

Have you tried going into the NOW Box under Settings > System > System Update where i have noticed since the release of the new NOW rebrand a number of patch updates might need doing more than once.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just checked the Pluto App on my NOW Smart Freeview box and the live TV Guide and live channels seem to be working ok for me (currently watching "We Were Soldiers" on channel 50 Movies.

Have you tried going into the NOW Box under Settings > System > System Update where i have noticed since the release of the new NOW rebrand a number of patch updates might need doing more than once.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all of that to no avail. Thank you though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would try next is to force another firmware update on your NOW box by following these instructions below (update the firmware even if it says you are on the same version number).

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Then once the firmware is updated go back into the Box Settings > System > System Update to see if there is another update available.

Even if there is no update the next thing i would try is to temporary power down your NOW Box and Router for about a minute, then restart your Router first, give it say 5 minutes to settle back down then power up your NOW box again.

Out of curiosity which NOW Box are you using, small black box, NOW Freeview Smart box with the blue NOW logo on its top casing or the NOW 4K Smart box with the pink NOW logo on the box casing.

To be honest apart from the above i am out of ideas.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will try that thank you and I have the 4k smart box with the pink writing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I will dig out my NOW 4K Smart box tomorrow (not currently hooked up to any of my televisions) and see if i am getting the same problem on the Pluto App like yourself.

If none of my suggestion don't work, you could try typing Pluto TV in the Community search box for any results and maybe see if any of these search results over on the Roku Forum in the link below has the answer on how to fix it.

https://commun ity.roku.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=Pluto 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are a miracle worker, I reset the router and all the channels have come up now. Thank you so so much for you're help.