cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated pictures on all channels except bbc

Please help. All channels are clear on my actual TV but when tuning in my new now tv box... All are pixelated except BBC... Ideas please
I've turned off router... But the apps are fine anyway.. Tia
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you mean the Freeview TV channels ?

Are you sharing the incoming TV aerial on both your nowtv smart box and television inbuilt tuner or is the aerial only connected to the smart box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm sharing the aerial, as I was before... So that the signal can go in the
TV and the box, then it goes to other tvs in the house. It worked perfectly
with the previous box.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Use this link below to check that your local regional Transmitter or Relay is not sending a weak transmission signal at the moment.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

Also, have you tried temporary connecting the main incoming TV aerial into the smart box only, then rescan the TV channels to see if there is any improvement (should the channels still be poor, try a factory  reset and re tune TV channels again on the smart box)

Hopefully, once you have established a good picture reception on your smart box then re configure the TV aerial wiring like you had before by splitting the aerial between the smart box and your inbuilt TV tuner.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to ask, when you said that TV reception was good with the previous box ?

Was that a nowtv smart box or another Freeview set top box which had a RF in & RF out loop through, that possibly may had an inbuilt RF power gain booster to improve the out going TV signal from the box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
thank you for your help, the only thing that was different was the
splitter, so I've changed that today.... And it's now working!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted 👍