cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture dimensions

Just turned on my Now TV Smart box (that has been fine for 10 months) -  the picture is now squashed with black lines down left and right. I have restarted box but still the same.

This is for every app / TV channels - please can someone suggest how to solve this.  I have switched between 720 and 1080 and TV works fine when Now box is off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Double check the aspect ratio button on your TV remote controller is set to either 16.9 or Auto (it may have accidentally changed to 4.3).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Double check the aspect ratio button on your TV remote controller is set to either 16.9 or Auto (it may have accidentally changed to 4.3).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks on Now TV it had switched to 14:9 but every other Hdmi input wa 16:9

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this problem watching Inspector Morse. Some of the older episodes available on ITV hub display squashed up to a square, some seem ok and the last ever episode plays widescreen. This is definitely nothing to do with my TV aspect ratio it is a problem with the data being streamed but I don't know enough about this to know why. Can anyone help me watch these episodes?

regards

Nick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that the older Morse episodes were brodcasted in 4.3 format (square picture) which is quite normal for older TV shows where the newer Morse episodes are broadcasted in 16.9 widescreen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I just checked series 6 episode 5 of Inspector Morse on my smart box using the ITV Hub App and like you rightly said the picture is squashed and not even 4.3 Ratio square which I was expecting to see.

Couldn't find anyway of changing the Aspect Ratio or stretching the episode on my box or TV.

Unless, anybody else has got any ideas, you will need to contact the ITV website for assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently awaiting a reply from a message sent to them yesterday so will update soon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked for me! Thanks!