cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture Blurry

I have the Now TV smart box, Everything has been going fine , But recently when watching live sports after about 30 minutes the picture goes blurry for a few seconds than gets nice and clear for a few minutes before going blurry again. And continues doing this . This seems to be since the last upgrade . Has anyone else noticed this happening. This is connected by Ethernet.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried the standard turning your router off and on again? 

Do you have boost? 

Could try unplugging the box for a bit also.

Worst case would be set the box back to factory settings. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008  Yes , I have done all that you suggest apart from factory reset.

I have had the box for a couple of years and boost since that came out with no problem at all.

I also have snow stick which works fine, just my box playing up since upgrade 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My NOW Smart Box over Ethernet with the latest NOW software watching Sky Sports live is rock solid and stable.

What happens if you use WiFi instead of Ethernet has a temporary test, does the Sky Sports stream remain stable or are you seeing the same symptoms ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When testing WiFi on the NOW box, i would also suggest temporary disconnect the Ethernet cable and experiment with both 2.4 & 5ghz if you have a dual band Router.

If the WiFi stream is stable during the test (assuming where the NOW box is located in the home you can get a decent WiFi reception) then maybe look into the Ethernet side of things where the problem lies.

Also if your Router can use the Google Public DNS servers, then i would try that next if WiFi doesn't help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  If it was the Ethernet side though, wouldn’t I get the same problem on all the other apps , it only seems to occur when watching live sports 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When it comes to NOW i wouldn't take anything for granted (even if other Apps run on the NOW Smart box).

if i was in your shoes i would temporary try my suggestion to see if there is a difference or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thank you, I will try your suggestions . Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

I was wondering if the box was starting to pack up 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  I have just switched over to WI FI , will let you know what happens 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have no idea if my suggestions help or not, where i am just eliminating certain things out of the equation.

But you have nothing to lose to give them a whirl if you can afford some time trying them.

Because you mentioned the NOW Stick seems to be running fine watching Sky Sports, then i doubt it's the NOW Sky Sports stream.

If you suspect it's the NOW box or NOW App itself then like @gavs82008 said try a full factory reset on the NOW box.

I run Sky Sports continuously for hours on my NOW Smart box and don't encounter any buffering or drop of picture quality (apart from seeing the camouflage effect on random Sky Sports streams which is another matter and a different subject which i have discussed on different threads).