cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payments

Hi. A few days ago, I went out and bought the now tv smartbox. I have the sky movies month pass which I have the free trail on so don’t need to pay till next month and I have the Entertainment month pass for 3 months so don’t have to pay till April. I have checked my bank account and two payments for the nowtv has come out. Two payments of 10p each time. Has this happened to anyone else? I don’t know what they have charged me 20p for. Do they charge you if you watch the tv channels on there? Because last night I did watch the tele through the nowtv box. I’m all new to this so any help would be great. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:
Hi. A few days ago, I went out and bought the now tv smartbox. I have the sky movies month pass which I have the free trail on so don’t need to pay till next month and I have the Entertainment month pass for 3 months so don’t have to pay till April. I have checked my bank account and two payments for the nowtv has come out. Two payments of 10p each time. Has this happened to anyone else? I don’t know what they have charged me 20p for. Do they charge you if you watch the tv channels on there? Because last night I did watch the tele through the nowtv box. I’m all new to this so any help would be great. Thank you.

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

When you sign up, NOW TV do request a 10p authorisation to your card to check it's a valid card you've entered, this amount isn't actually taken out (it's reserved against your limit then when your bank realises NOW TV aren't taking it, the authorisation is cancelled) however some banks do show this 10p temporarily on your statement which confuses some people. See here for more info

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

When you sign up, NOW TV do request a 10p authorisation to your card to check it's a valid card you've entered, this amount isn't actually taken out (it's reserved against your limit then when your bank realises NOW TV aren't taking it, the authorisation is cancelled) however some banks do show this 10p temporarily on your statement which confuses some people. See here for more info

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to purchase broadband for a 12 month subscription but when I put in my payment details, it says "Something went wrong, please try again"

After several attempts it still didn't work, so tried to go to chat but that doesn't work either. I am using the correct type of card and double checked all the details several times. I also can't add a new card in the "payment details" section of my account. Each time I put in all the correct details and click "Confirm" but nothing happens

The lack of support/contact is putting me off using the service.

Can someone help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aw thank you so much for getting back to me. I was just so confused I thought I had been doing something I shouldn’t on there and it had charged me.