cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payment card removal

Hi, I’ve cancelled my membership and would like my payment card to be removed. How can I do this? 

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

Contact NOW and ask to be forgotten under GDPR. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@redchiz1 we're outside of the EU. GDPR no longer is applicable. We've reverted back to the Data Protection Act 2018.

@Anonymous User you need to contact Sky as per the privacy policy notice ensuring no spaces in the below email address.

If you have any queries or comments about this privacy and cookies notice, please contact Sky’s Data Protection Officer via dp.department @ sky.uk

Saint1976
Elite 3

@redchiz1 because they are the data controller.

UK GDPR is only relevant if you are a UK company processing EU Data. For UK companies holding and processing data from inside the UK, the relevant legislation is the DPA 2018.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/dp-at-the-end-of-the-transition-period/overview-data-protection...).

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 wrote:

@redchiz1 because they are the data controller.

UK GDPR is only relevant if you are a UK company processing EU Data. For UK companies holding and processing data from inside the UK, the relevant legislation is the DPA 2018.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/dp-at-the-end-of-the-transition-period/overview-data-protection...).

As with much EU legislation, when we left the EU and were thus outside of the scope of EU law, that law was simply written, largely unchanged, as new UK legislation.

This happened with EU GDPR, which was reproduced as UK GDPR, subsumed into the DPA 2018, and so we are still bound by it when doing business in the UK.

The references to EU GDPR, for those doing business in the EU cover two distinctions; firstly the possibility that EU GDPR may diverge from UK GDPR, and secondly the more substantive point as to what courts have jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.

I think @redchiz1 ‘sigh’ was a rather shorter description of the above, based on the same reference being used to support two diametrically opposed views, only one of them being a correct interpretation of what was stated there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB So you think GDPR is no longer a relevant shorthand term? Or are you also into the pedantry, rather than a simple response to the OP? *sigh*

EDIT: I think your clumsiness with the quote feature may have obfuscated your last reply, in which case I apologise. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

On the contrary, I thought I was laying to rest the misapprehension that GDPR in the UK died with Brexit, and now applies only when we are dealing with the EU.

It doesn’t; GDPR is still alive and well in the UK, and still covers all business dealings.

I think we agree on that.

Regarding any ‘clumsiness with the quote feature’ can we please differentiate between my clumsiness, and the clumsiness of this iPad? 😛

As you will perhaps now see, the quoted bit is now in italics because of this issue, which should make things clearer, 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.