cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pausing live TV

I recently purchased the new Smart TV box, but I can't pause live TV? I don't have an Ariel plug in the wall and have read online that the coaxial cable needs connecting to the box and then into the wall? I don't have this 😞 so does this mean I'm not able to use the box to its full potential?! It can't just be me that doesn't have an Ariel socket in the wall?!
15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just to let you know, that after testing my smart box i managed to get the full 30 minutes pause duration for the NowTV Sky Atlantic live channel.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just tested the live pause of the Freeview Channel 5 HD live programme and got 17 minutes out of my smart box.

Thought i would post the result here as a reminder for future cross reference should this subject pop up again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just been watching BBC1 HD and are quite annoyed. We paused the program for as long as we could (15 minutes) and then it started playing automatically which is fine. However, it then decided after a little while that it wanted to jump back to the live timing of the show which meant we missed the time we had paused for and we were not able to rewind it. This is not the first time it has happened. Has anyone else had this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is there a time restriction when pausing live programmes ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Once you hit the live pause button it will buffer and save the live stream for no more than 30 minutes SD, 15 to 20 minutes HD and after the buffer memory is full it will automatically start playing where there is no way to save it for later.

So the maximum time you have to start watching is no more than 30 minutes once you start the pause button.

Should you change the live channel whilst using the live pause, you will lose the stored programme and will not be able to retrieve it.

I think that's how it works from memory where i don't use live pause much on a regular basis apart from the rare toilet breaks.

If you own a NowTV box or NowTV stick (apart from the old white box) perhaps test it out for yourself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pity you can't use a usb in the side to pause longer, so i record the tv with my mobile or a 

Camcorder by putting my camcorder positioned looking at the tv haaàaaaaa hope this helps.