cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pausing live TV

I recently purchased the new Smart TV box, but I can't pause live TV? I don't have an Ariel plug in the wall and have read online that the coaxial cable needs connecting to the box and then into the wall? I don't have this 😞 so does this mean I'm not able to use the box to its full potential?! It can't just be me that doesn't have an Ariel socket in the wall?!
15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just for confirmation have you got the smart box identical to the picture below ?

now_tv_new_box_3.jpg

If so and you haven't connected an aerial to it's input socket on the back of the smart box then obviously you won't get any of the Freeview TV channels.

Once you have set up an internet connection on the box you should be able to pause live TV up to about 30 minutes on the NowTV live channels by pressing the pause button on the remote controller when watching any of the NowTV live channels by either accessing from the NowTV EPG or via the NowTV App under Watch Live. 

With the internet connected to the NowTV Smart box you will still have access to all the NowTV catch up and boxsets (subject to which NowTV passes that you subscribe too) and be able to use the other Apps on the box.

The only thing that you won't have is the Free Over the Air TV channels because you haven't connected up a TV aerial to the box.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Ellie

You know, you can use an indoor aerial as well instead of an outside one, if you are sufficiently close to a transmitter.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thankyou everyone I have now sorted it! And have the TV channels on the smart box 🙂 one other question.... on the TV guide, will it only show you the programme that is playing and the one on after it? Is there no way of seeing any later on into the day? Thankyou for all of your help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly glad you are sorted Smiley Happy

Yeah one of the things that a lot of customers are not happy with the smart box is the EPG which like you have noticed will only show the "Now and Next" TV programmes Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ahh okay! Such a pain!!
Never mind.... hopefully due an upgrade? 😂 haha! Here's to hoping!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would suggest adding your vote and if you wish leave a comment on the Ideas board for an improved EPG on your smart box (every vote counts in persuading NowTV to look into this).

Here's the link if you interested adding your weight behind the improvements required on the smart box EPG.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/7-Day-EPG-TV-Guide/idi-p/406757

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How much TV can be stored on the pause feature?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With my smart nowtv box i am getting about 30 minutes when pausing a live SD channel, where the pause duration drops to around anywhere between 20 to 25 minutes when watching a live channel in HD quality. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I have just tested the live pause feature on the BBC One HD Freeview channel and was only getting 15 minutes.

Will check the live pause next on the NowTV Sky Atlantic live channel and will report back here later with the time duration that i am getting off my smart box.