cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause; Continue watching; Fast-forward - Jumps back to point it was paused

We have a problem watching "live" ITV (not sure about other channels at the moment).

For the last day or so, if we have a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.

I've tried software upgrade; resetting; and factory reset but it is still happening

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys

We are terribly sorry for the delay in getting this particular issue resolved.

We promise NOW TV are working hard to get this fixed and we will keep you all informed on the progress of this and when the issue is resolved.

At the moment we are waiting for the software update to be confirmed. 

Once this is done, the box will be fixed.

We thank you for your patience as we understand how truly frustrating this is on everyone.

Many Thanks

Naomi K 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That doesn't really help - are we talking hours; days; weeks; months?

Is it not possible to send out a patch that removes the "upgrade" and restore it back to the previous (working) version?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

That doesn't really help - are we talking hours; days; weeks; months?

Is it not possible to send out a patch that removes the "upgrade" and restore it back to the previous (working) version?

You'd have thought so...

I suggested this on live chat on 2nd Feb:

NOWTV (02/02/2018, 16:22:50): Our technical team will help you out with a best possible;le solution.
Me (02/02/2018, 16:22:51): I would welcome a response from your management team
NOWTV (02/02/2018, 16:23:12): Sure, we will look into it.
Me (02/02/2018, 16:23:55): The best possible solution would be to roll out the previous firmware that worked and the update it when you have fixed the issues with this release.... standard practice insoftware
NOWTV (02/02/2018, 16:24:04): I'll pass this feedback to the technical team for sure.
Me (02/02/2018, 16:24:25): And will you let me know what they say?
NOWTV (02/02/2018, 16:24:59): They will directly get in touch with you.

I have not heard anything from the technical team and chased them up on live chat on 7th Feb.  I was told that my feedback had been passed to the technical team and had now been escalated with a response to be expected in 24 - 48 hours; I'm still waiting over 48 hours later...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still waiting...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been waiting patiently for this to be resolved. MY PATIEINCE HAS EXPIRED. When are NOW TV going to get this sorted. I am totally fed up with it and cannot understand why it is taking so long to correct.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Please can I have an update of when this will be sorted or I will be cancelling.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This surely can't be that hard to fix or at least to provide a time as to when it will be resolved!! Totally unacceptable, and as a newly subscribed member unbelievable!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really doesn’t look good for NOW TV’s technical ability. They have managed to break existing functionality, failed to identify it during testing, have been “working on it” for weeks to try and fix it and still have no idea when it will be resolved.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting ridiculous now, why is this taking so long to get fixed NOWTV? I'm at the point now of looking for other providers (although not Sky as they are the sister company!) as it is so frustrating when it keeps jumping back.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box keeps skipping back 29 mins, whenever Ive been watching a show for a while, normally when I have paused TV for a few moments, but has also happened when watching Freeview channels live. Its getting really irritating. Its probably a software issue that has arisen since last software update, hopefully NowTV will sort out this issue swiftly, and release another software update.

Box Details:
Model = 4500SK

Software Version = 7.7.3 Build 4135-16

Last updated 17/01/2018