cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause; Continue watching; Fast-forward - Jumps back to point it was paused

We have a problem watching "live" ITV (not sure about other channels at the moment).

For the last day or so, if we have a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.

I've tried software upgrade; resetting; and factory reset but it is still happening

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same thing happens to me on all freeview channnels...

when i go to rewind a few seconds or fast forward the adverts, it skips back to the point that i last paused/rewound which can be like 20 mins or more.

really frustrating!!!

took my box back to sainsbury's the other day & they swapped it for a new one, but EXACTLY the same problem occurrs on the replacement.

have a friend at work who says the same thing is happening to his box for the last few days.

very suspicious.

had an online chat with support last night, told me to set bitrate to automatic & do a factory reset & when that didn't work they told me to return the box for yet another exchange.

asked if they really thought that 2 different boxes from 2 different shops had exactly the same problem - their response was that sainsbury's wasn't an approved retailer!!!

maybe have to wait for the next software update?

just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

COME ON NOW TV, ADMIT THERE'S A PROBLEM & SORT IT !!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happens on live tv.  Is there a solution to this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

This happens on live tv.  Is there a solution to this?

Not by the looks of it...

The issue was raised 4 days ago with the last response from NOWTV being 3 days ago saying:

"OK so NOWTV don't own or manage the freeview channels either so we recommend that you get in touch with Digital UK - wwwdigitaluk.co.uk who can check for outages in your area and everything else regarding freeview"

Perhaps someone at NOWTV could trouble themselves to have the courtesy to reply to their customers' concerns, provide an apology and a solution to the fault they have introduced with their software update rather than blaming Digital UK and then ignoring us?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and for the delay in an update update for this issue. 

Our teams our investigating this issue and as soon as I receive an update I'll make sure I post in this thread. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

Hi All, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and for the delay in an update update for this issue. 

Our teams our investigating this issue and as soon as I receive an update I'll make sure I post in this thread. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Hi Karl,

It has now been over 2 weeks since this issue was reported on the forum; is there any danger of NOWTV resolving it or should your customers start looking for alternative providers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Hi All, 

Thanks, 

Karl

Hi Karl,

It has now been over 2 weeks since this issue was reported on the forum; is there any danger of NOWTV resolving it or should your customers start looking for alternative providers?

Hi Karl,

Looks like I've answered my own question...

Just spent over an hour on Live Chat to basically be told:

1) that it will be fixed "soon", but no idea when.

2) please co-operate with us i.e. stop complaining and wait for it to be fixed "soon"

3) my Smart Box isn't broken, it has a technical glitch; unfortunately this seems to stop it from working.

4) there will be no compensation for the inconvenience.

Quite frankly it was my worst ever experience of "customer service", especially from a company that relies on monthly customer subscriptions.  I understand that the individual I was in contact with is constrained by decisions made by NOWTV, but there was absolutely nothing that they were able to offer a clearly frustrated customer.

The situation and my customer satisfaction could have been so different if a small gesture of a 1 month movie pass (which would cost them nothing) had been offered, but no.....  Clearly NOWTV have complete distain for their subscribers....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there!

We sincerely apologise about the inconvenience caused and we hope you accept our sincere apologies as we do not want to lose a loyal customer such as yourself.

I've sent you an email regarding this issue.

Hope to hear from you soon

Many Thanks

Naomi K 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news for the rest of us?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

Hi there!

We sincerely apologise about the inconvenience caused and we hope you accept our sincere apologies as we do not want to lose a loyal customer such as yourself.

I've sent you an email regarding this issue.

Hope to hear from you soon

Many Thanks

Naomi K 

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for your apology; unfortunately that doesn't resolve that issue that I and other customers have been having for over 2 weeks and has no target date for resolution.  I have read the e-mail you sent me, but I feel that any response to me for something posted on the forum should be posted on the forum and as such, it wouldn't feel right for me to reply to you directly.  I am not the only person affected by the issue and other people have as much right to receive the same response as I do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i totally agree. Now tv you are cowboys sort it out now please or your not getting money for next month