cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause; Continue watching; Fast-forward - Jumps back to point it was paused

We have a problem watching "live" ITV (not sure about other channels at the moment).

For the last day or so, if we have a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.

I've tried software upgrade; resetting; and factory reset but it is still happening

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem over the last few days. Try to fast forward after pausing and it jumps back the last time it was paused.

Tried reset’s etc, but have had no joy… 

Seems others have the same issue - Surely this must be the box/software ?

PLEASE SORT IT OUT - NOW TV !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happening to me, this is not a coincidence! I've had it happen when watching on catch up, but also live tv (which hasn't been paused). It has just happened now, randomly jumped back 24 mins - really frustrating. Now TV - take some responsibility and properly look into this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem. Happens on several different channels, I have two NowTV boxes and it happens on both and again, only started over the last week. Clearly there's an issue with the software. It's driving me mad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interestingly, I was about 16 mins behind on a program just now, tried to forward through the break, screen went black and the 16 mins gone, so had to miss a chunk of my program. Clearly an issue, until a week a go I was loving being able to pause live tv, it's the reason I went for the better box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Karl, please can one of the NOWTV community managers advise your customer service advisors of this so that they can give our correct information to say that NOWTV are aware of this issue and are looking into it. I flagged the problems I was having with customer services (and also included a link to the forum flagging the same issues), but still, they are asking me to do a factory reset etc which is just a waste of everyone's time if this is not resolving the issue for anyone and you are already aware there is a wide spread issue with this. Thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like everyone else, I am having the same issue. I pause live TV, come back in 5 mins and begin watching again with the intention of catching back up to 'real' live TV by fast forwarding through the ad break. Next thing I know it has jumped back to where it was paused. This is just not good enough from NOW TV and reading the posts it seems as though their customer service reaction has not been acceptable either! Any update on when the issue will be fixed NOW TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to "bump" all the messages relating to the skipping issue to the top of the board...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been a problem for us since early in the New Year.  Originally we thought it may be due to the "replacement" box we got at the end of 2017 but since looking on the forum we see NowTV is saying it is a known problem and that technicians are "looking at it".  Like the rest of you with this problem we find it extremely frustrating to be fobbed off with absolutely no idea of when the problem will be fixed, only that they are investigating.  We'll give NowTV another month to fix this issue and then we'll be looking for an alternative supplier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been cotacting now tv every day and every day i get shocking service. They really dont care. They are rude and disgusting. This box problem is driving me mad. I have been with now tv for 4 weeks now and each time i try to get this sorted im told nothing is wrong and its all my end, its my problem and im told to stop contacting them. They send me a 2nd box and still the same. Its the latest updates that doing this but now tv are having non of it. When i said ill leave they said thats fine you do that if you want. Now tv tell me they dont know of any problems regarding this and they have had no other complaints about it. Im a conract combi customer and now tv wont even call me.  I give now tv 1 or 2 more weeks and i will have to pull out of phone line, internet and tv due to loss of service and i wont be paying for it. Its that bad at times i just tern off my tv and walk away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is now 22 days since I started this post.

Your salary-paying customers are STILL experiencing the same problems. Some contributors on this forum have apparently received emailed apologies (I haven't - not that it makes any difference), which, combined with the number of people that are reporting this phenomenen strongly indicate a problem with the latest "upgrade" - and yet some of your "customer service" staff still appear to be telling complainants that there isn't a problem! This is totally unacceptable.

Surely you can give a timescale on when this will be fixed? If a resolution cannot be found in the short term, can you not issue a fix by reverting back to the previous version of software?