cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause; Continue watching; Fast-forward - Jumps back to point it was paused

We have a problem watching "live" ITV (not sure about other channels at the moment).

For the last day or so, if we have a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.

I've tried software upgrade; resetting; and factory reset but it is still happening

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, ITV is a third party app so it's not owned or managed by NOWTV can you check the other apps or NOWTV passes to see if they are doing the same thing so we can see if it's just the ITV app thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thnks Nadine - just to clarify, this isn't using the ITV Hub but watching ITV as part of Freeview - but I will try other channels and see if the behaviour is repeated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK so NOWTV don't own or manage the freeview channels either so we recommend that you get in touch with Digital UK - wwwdigitaluk.co.uk who can check for outages in your area and everything else regarding freeview 

hope this helps! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I'll get on that now... I'll post back on here if they provide any answers, just in case anyone else has the same problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

I have just checked my smart box firmware version 7.7.3 and paused ITV HD Freeview live TV and my box seems to be working fine.

Would have suggested maybe a factory reset, but reading your first post that you have already tried this, not sure what else to suggest Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

OK so NOWTV don't own or manage the freeview channels either so we recommend that you get in touch with Digital UK - wwwdigitaluk.co.uk who can check for outages in your area and everything else regarding freeview 

hope this helps! 

I have the same issue since my box updated to 7.7.3.  Given that Digital UK don't own or manage your software updates or the pause, fast-forward and rewind functions on your box, then perhaps you could fix the issue you have introduced with the software update that you own and manage, but clearly don’t test properly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having same issue !!

programme keeps jumping back to where previous paused.

also seems to randomly jump either if not paused.

very frustrating!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m also having the same problem. It doesn’t happen on any of the apps, it’s when watching live TV. When you pause, for no matter how long, and then fast forward to the point you want, it skips back to where you originally paused. It relates both to freeview and Now TV channels, doesn’t seem to impact the apps. It started doing it in the past week or so. Some support on the matter would be most welcome
Anonymous User
Not applicable

...sorry, to clarify I’ve not noticed it impact the apps