cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pairing remote with now smartbox

Trying a factory reset of NowTV black smartbox after it froze on home screen for days. Now stuck on pair your remote screen after umpteen attempts. No green light flashing.  Tried replacing batteries. Pressing home 5times forward 3 rewind 2 and everything else suggested in community hub. Been onto virgin to check my Internet. 2g and 5G working fine on other devices. Spent hours on trying to resolve. Any new suggestions. Feel like crying. So frustrating

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps this link might be of some help?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

389A07AD-EF4E-4F68-8213-6D99F0EEA32D.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps this link might be of some help?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

389A07AD-EF4E-4F68-8213-6D99F0EEA32D.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Have tried and that’s exactly where I am stuck, remote won’t pair

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using the NowTV 4K Smart Box ?

I doubt my suggestions below will make any difference, but maybe try this :-

1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Smart Stick or Smart Box, wait 5 seconds and then reconnect it.
  3. When you see the home screen on your TV, put the batteries back in the remote.
  4. Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, you'll need to replace your batteries.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Smart Stick or Smart Box.

If no joy, flip the NowTV box over and hold in the small reset button for around 15 to 30 seconds.

Should you still have no luck, can you try the above instructions with the NowTV box on a different television in your home if you own a second television, just to see if it makes any difference.

At the same time i would try a reboot of your Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all that thanks and now am stuck trying to reload on pair your remote screen