cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One nowtv smart box upstairs, what can I get downstairs?

Hello,

I bought a nowtv smart box yesterday, with the 3 months entertainment and 2 month movies. I have this upstairs on my personal tv. I currently have 3 devices registered (my TV, my laptop and my girls laptop)

My question is that my mother wants one for her downstairs tv, can I buy another box under my username that will use my same pass subscriptions to no extra cost per month?and use that as my last saved device?

Also if that is possible would I have to get another smart box for downstairs, if the two wouldnt be compatible or something? Or could I get the cheaper box for downstairs use?

Sorry for the wall of text, and sorry if it's incoherently typed haha!

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you can get another NOW TV box for your mother and add it to your account, as you say you can have up to four devices in total registered to one account, and all devices can watch any passes on that account. 

You don't need to get a Smart Box, any of the NOW TV boxes will be fine. 

The only thing that might prove a problem is that only 2 devices can be streaming NOW TV content at any one time, so if you are watching NOW TV on one box and your daughter is watching NOW TV on her laptop, it wouldn't let your mum watch NOW TV on her box (although other apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc aren't affected by this). 

If that's not a problem, you're good to go. 

PS always a good idea when other people are using your account to enable your Payment PIN to prevent accidental purchases if you haven't already

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you can get another NOW TV box for your mother and add it to your account, as you say you can have up to four devices in total registered to one account, and all devices can watch any passes on that account. 

You don't need to get a Smart Box, any of the NOW TV boxes will be fine. 

The only thing that might prove a problem is that only 2 devices can be streaming NOW TV content at any one time, so if you are watching NOW TV on one box and your daughter is watching NOW TV on her laptop, it wouldn't let your mum watch NOW TV on her box (although other apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc aren't affected by this). 

If that's not a problem, you're good to go. 

PS always a good idea when other people are using your account to enable your Payment PIN to prevent accidental purchases if you haven't already

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your answers and advice!

If we don't connect the box to an free view ariel is it the end of world? Our house doesn't actually have an ariel!

Cheers
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No you don't need to connect to an aerial if you don't have one, obviously the Smart Box won't be able to be used to view Freeview transmissions, but all the other apps on the box will still work as normal. Alternately you can get the cheaper NOW TV box that doesn't have an aerial connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Cheers, because i do not have an ariel i stil receive channels such as comedy central and nat geo live and catch up, i believe thats all okay so no ariel should be no problem!

thanks again

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome, yep all the live channels you get as part of your NOW TV passes will work as normal, you can also watch live BBC in the BBC iPlayer app and live ITV in the ITV Hub app. 

Enjoy your boxes! 🙂

Geluk
Expert 2