cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv won’t load

I was watching nowtv fine about 15 minutes ago, then all of a sudden it stopped working and now it won’t even load the main nowtv screen! I have checked my internet connection and that is fine, so whys it not working?
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting the box by switching the power off then back on again to see if that fixes it ?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I was watching nowtv fine about 15 minutes ago, then all of a sudden it stopped working and now it won’t even load the main nowtv screen! I have checked my internet connection and that is fine, so whys it not working?

Hi @Anonymous User 

Assuming that you're using NowTV hardware. Can you confirm which piece of NowTV hardware you're using? White box, black box, or smart box?

1. Have you tried a soft reset? Settings > system > system reset .

If a soft reset fails then try the steps below

2. force a software update on the Now TV box. This will make the box reinstall its software.

To do this press the following combination of keys in fairly quick succession

Home (x5)

Fast Forward (x3)

Rewind (x2)

When you have done this after a second or two a secret menu will come up, select update software and select okay/continue when the box prompts you.

3. The very last thing you can try is a factory reset

Settings > system > advanced system settings > factory reset

Unfortunately, if you do this you have to setup the box again and enter your details for NowTV

I hope at least some of my advice manages to help you outSmiley Happy

EDIT

Also see @schnapps  post above Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that was the first thing I tried
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was in reply to schnapps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, happens a lot....either I lose the graphics alltogether or videos will not load and I get the red flash warning notice that something is wrong, the only way I get it back is to reboot the NowTV gizmo by pulling out the mains lead and leaving it for 10 before restarting and it all comes back again....for about a week and it happens again....guess it must be a glitch in these things

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me several times. Other apps were working fine but Now TV app wasn't. My solution....buy a Roku (rather than a Now TV) box or stick. This will enable you to delete the Now TV app and then reinstall it. Invariably this will resolve the problem!