cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV in Pubs

A question to NOWTV. Is it permitted to use NOWTV in a Licensed Hotel Bar?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F Something you could help answer for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

I sometimes watch NOW TV on my iPhone down the pub and in my hotel room (when I’m working away)!

But I’m guessing that’s NOT what you’re asking about is it? 😉

Given that Sky & BT Sport charge special rates to pubs & hotels based on turnover etc., I’m going to guess that buying a £35 NOW TV Sports Month Pass and “broadcasting” it to a pub via one or more big tellys is probably going to be frowned on at the very least!

RoyB
Legend

From the T&Cs

https://www.nowtv.com/terms

SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU MUSTN'T DO:

• Copy, rent, sell, reproduce, publish, republish, post, broadcast, frame, transmit the services or content (or any part of them), or make them available to the public, or authorise or assist anyone else to do so, except as permitted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended from time to time ("Act"). The exceptions in the Act are limited and you must make sure you are legally entitled to rely on one of them;
  • Make any direct or indirect charge for watching or using any part of the services or content;
  • Show any of the content or any part of the service in public to an audience, even if no direct or indirect charge is made;

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.