cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joanne
Mentor

NowTV box

I wasn’t given the option for a NowTV box or stick. I have the app that’s it. How can I get a box?

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joanne 

The NOW Stick and NOW Boxes have been discontinued for a year or two.

If you have joined NOW Broadband the only hardware they supply is the Router and you need to provide your own streaming devices from the list below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Joanne 

The Now branded boxes and sticks haven’t been made for a good few years now. Your choices are, in no particular order, an Amazon Fire Stick, a Roku stick, Google Chromecast with TV or Apple TV.

Olgun
Observer

we tried the app route on the tv but search does not work. You can open nowtv but any further searchers like now tv sky sports news or now tv sky sports just opens up YouTube sky sports channel!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Olgun 

There is no such thing as YouTube Sky sports channel on NOW. 
What TV do you have that has the NOW app on it?

To look at the sports sections you need to navigate to the top of the homepage until you see the row of “home, entertainment, sports etc”. Go to sports and that’ll take you to both live and on demand content. Where if you know the channel it’s on you can use the channel section to search for at the bottom. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Olgun
Observer

@gavs82008  it’s a Sony Bravia tv. It brings up the sky sports channel on you tube. I am finding it difficult to navigate, was hoping speech would work. Are you aware of a way to link the nowtv controller with voice control to the app? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Olgun 

Unfortunately the voice recognition is only available for the NOW branded devices. It’s not been implemented for other devices as far as I’m aware. 
That would certainly explain why it’s launching YouTube! 

If your having no luck with the stick you could do a factory reset it.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

If you’re having issues still with the app on your Sony Bravia, you’re in luck as I have one for the living room. So I’ll be able to help you a bit more tomorrow. 
Although I can see where you’re coming from as some of the icons on the app aren’t clear. Or even finding the on demand section for sports isn’t the easiest! 

What you could do is use the app on your mobile phone to search for content, then add that particular content to your watchlist or start playing. Then switch over to the TV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joanne 

Forgot to mention if you want to watch the NOW streaming TV service you need a suitable TV Membership has well.

More information about NOW in this link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now 

Olgun
Observer

Thanks we have the member ship we need so won’t be this specific issue

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Olgun 

Replying to posts won’t tell that user you’re speaking to that you’ve replied to their post. You need to tag them in like I’ve been tagging you in.