cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Smart Box - will not rewind properly

I have purchased a NowTV Smart Box after having just the smaller NowTV box.  I would be grateful for clarification on the rewind function whilst watching live tv.  It will rewind back but only to the start of where I started watching and not the beginning of the programme.  Is this correct please?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that's correct, as the Smart Box doesn't have a hard drive it can only rewind to the point you started watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Starkraven.  I think it is misleading when they say you can rewind up to 30 minutes.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you Starkraven.  I think it is misleading when they say you can rewind up to 30 minutes.

Misleading - perhaps, perhaps not!

You *can* rewind most Live TV channels up to 30 minutes, but you can't rewind further back than the point at which you tuned to a Live TV channel and started watching it. Even a PVR with a hard disk can't do that (generally speaking).

But some apps *can* do what you are thinking of - such as BBC iPlayer, where you can choose to start watching a programme (that is currently being broadcast on a channel) either from the start or from the point where it's currently at - because it's streaming it to you via the internet and *not* showing it to you "over the airwaves" from the transmitter.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Technically the 'smart' box offers 'buffer' recording capabilities only. Of around 60 mins for SD video content or 30 mins for HD video content. All of which is not permanently stored.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

As stated all DVR, TiVo etc work the same even those with hard disks will only rewind live tv to the point  that the device started buffering it, it's something that might come one day 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User better terminology might be re-watch on replay instead of rewind. Sorry it has disappointed you. Pause is handy if you get a phone call or want a drink.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.