cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Smart Box - will not rewind properly

Purchased a new Smart TV box back in August as I was attracted by the new 'pause and rewind' feature which worked perfectly..... until a couple of weeks ago. Has there been an update which has messed it up? If I try to rewind a Sports porgramme (having bought a week's pass), the four coloured circles rotate (as previously) but when I press 'Play' after having gone back a few minutes, the porgramme does not restart and the four colours continue to go round, effectively freezing the box. After a minute or so the screen reads "Sorry, something went wrong" and in the corner reads V3.6.69 and Error 100. I have tried a Factory Reset to no avail.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried it on  live movies or entertainment or freeview channels to see what happens?  Might just be a quirk for sport, which IMHO would defeat the purpose of the thing for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have you tried it on  live movies or entertainment or freeview channels to see what happens?  Might just be a quirk for sport, which IMHO would defeat the purpose of the thing for me.

Seems to work fine with BBC iPlayer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply.

Were you able to puase and rewind Sky Sports previously or was it the first time you tried it?

It may be worth trying a HARD RESET to see if it helps.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply.

Were you able to puase and rewind Sky Sports previously or was it the first time you tried it?

It may be worth trying a HARD RESET to see if it helps.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Hi Rich

Did work well until a couple of weeks ago.  I did a Factory Reset involving going back to its orginal state thus meaning I had to log on again and re-load my apps ~ is that a "Hard Reset"?    I really need to know whether I need to return my box as faulty or whether it's a temporary problem caused by a softwate update. Even fails when I was watching the football today (having paid for a day pass) and if I pause it for a short while of less than a minute it will not start again, just get these revolving four colours until the aforementioned error notice comes up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is the 1st report we have had of this issue.

Would it be possible to do a forced software update for me please.

You can find the steps by clicking here.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

This is the 1st report we have had of this issue.

Would it be possible to do a forced software update for me please.

You can find the steps by clicking here.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Hi Andy. I have tested various things since my last post. I have downloaded FreeView channels to the Smart Box and the channels pause and rewind etc. as they are meant to.    Before I did your suggestion I subscribed to the Kids channel (free for two weeks) even though I don't want it ~- to test if that worked ~ it does.  Whether this has to do with the fact that it's all pre-recorded and not being live streamed, I don't know.  Have now done a forced software update but I don't know if it will work on Sky Sports because I haven't a pass at the moment and I don't know when I next will ~ depends when Southampton FC are being televised!    Cheers for your help so far.          Chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks guys these forums are brilliant, I didn't even realise that you could pause live tv.

Darren