cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Box

Hi all. I've had my NowTV Box for a few years, and it seems to have slowed down since it upgraded itself to what seems to be a new operating system. I was looking to see if there was a newer version of the box, only to find that the only thing available is a stick thing. My problem is that a stick will only connect to WiFi, and things connected to WiFi are generally more unreliable than things connected by LAN. I'm not sure that a NowTV stick would be suitable for me, so was wondering if there was a newer version of the NowTV box available anywhere?

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey HPS

You can buy a Now TV 4k Box from Amazon, here's it's URL:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/including-Passes-amazing-entertainment-contract/dp/B07GFQVZLP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=28TTEVWVA16K6&dchild=1&keywords=now+tv+4k+smart+box&qid=1601022113&sprefix=Now+TV+4k%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-3

And it looks like this:

Now TV 4K Box.jpg

Personally, I prefer the box form factor to the stick, which I do not like at all.

UK Bob

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sorry, but the stick is all that Now TV has.
That said, Youview boxes have Now TV, so you could get one of them. Don’t be tempted to get a 1000 or 1010 model, as they can’t run NowTV. Also, if you go that route, also don’t get a Freeview Play box (no Now TV at all). The only thing a Youview box can’t do is pause live NowTV programs. But they do have catch-up, including  sports, and a 7 day epg.

Or do as @ukbobboy suggests.