cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Boost stream information

Hello,

Been using NowTV for years across multiple devices and always thought the stream quality was poor. The I learnt it was 720p so ok i understand.

Yesterday i see this new Boost feature, 1080p for £3.00 a month great i thought. (should be 4k/UHD for a monthly subscription but that's another matter)

I'm using the NowTV smart box 4K on a LG 65" OLED TV with network cable to the router and 300Mbps BT fibre internet.

Watched the football with the boost active yesterday and the sky sports channels now show HD next to there names.

But watching the football i was struggling to see an improvement.

Are the any menu options to show statistics of the stream your watching like bit rate or resolution or even fps ?

I'm looking for confirmation that the picture I'm watching is using the new boost because I'm struggling to see any difference.

There also seems to be a strange pattern overlay on the screen.

The quality its so far behind the BT sports app.

Any help advice would be great thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting. My post was nearly identical 🙂 https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/HD-Boost/td-p/514073

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The boost pass on LG TVs will not output at 50fps, only 25fps. So the picture will be improved. For sport however this will be pointless. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

What do I get with NOW TV Boost?

• Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
  • Smoother sporting action: Two Sky Sports channels – Main Event and Premier League – are available at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV).
  • Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.
  • An extra stream: Another handy benefit is that you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time. Perfect for families that can’t agree on what to watch!
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the Now TV Black Box, while I was sorting my Sky Sports pass I saw the NowTV Boost for £3, so decided to clock on it to try it.

Now looking into the table which describes what it gives different devices, it looks like it doesn't do anything for this standard box.

The table is confusing at best so could someone clear this up for me please.

I am using a Sharp Ultra HD TV

Kind regards

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Boost Pass works with all branded NowTV devices apart from the white box which is going to cease working from the 6th of October 2020.

See this link below which clearly indicates the NowTV black boxes are Boost supported.

If you have just signed up to a Boost Pass in the last 3 hours and can't see any difference on your television, then go to My Account on the NowTV box and logout and log back in which should then trigger the Boost Pass on your black NowTV box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device