cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick updates have

Are the new updates rolling out

on a weekly or daily basis....anyone know?? 

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Best guess, is the the updates are released in batches based on device serial number. With the next batch being released when a certain number of the current batch have been updated.

Doing it this way will alleviate the possibility of the update servers crashing under the load of trying to download updates to thousands of devices at once, especially since auto-updates always seem to be scheduled for between 3 and 4 am.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for that 

maybe you could answer this for me I was using a now box but updated to the stick yesterday but about 10 minutes ago I got a message saying you device is overheating.....is this normal for the stick is it dangerous to

leave the stick powered all the time via the mains socket??

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No, overheating is not normal. If it’s mounted up against the back of the tv, then a transfer of heat from the tv to the stick may well cause it to overheat. Consider a short HDMI extension lead. I have mine plugged into an HDMI switch, and leave it plugged into the mains 24/7 with no overheating problems. If moving it away doesn’t help, then it is probably faulty. You’re not the only one who has reported an overheating stick, but I don’t recall any of them reporting back that it’s been solved.