cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick remote

Does anyone know if the now tv stick will work the now tv freeview box??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's been a long time since i tried the nowtv stick smart remote controller on the NowTV Freeview box.

Where the newer smart remote controller does operate the NowTV Freeview box to a certain degree, but there is some big caveats with it.

From memory, you can't switch on the Freeview box from its deep sleep mode and need the original remote controller that came with the box or use a WOL App on your smartphone or have to unplug and replug the power to the box to kick start it into life.

I am not sure that if you factory reset the Freeview box if the newer remote controller will work when setting up the box again.

The voice search button feature will not work, none of the direct short cut keys work apart from the Sky Store button.

Personally i wouldn't consider it and stay with the standard infra red remote controller that comes supplied with the NowTV Freeview box (even if you like the idea of the TV on/standby and volume adjust buttons on the newer smart remote).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's been a long time since i tried the nowtv stick smart remote controller on the NowTV Freeview box.

Where the newer smart remote controller does operate the NowTV Freeview box to a certain degree, but there is some big caveats with it.

From memory, you can't switch on the Freeview box from its deep sleep mode and need the original remote controller that came with the box or use a WOL App on your smartphone or have to unplug and replug the power to the box to kick start it into life.

I am not sure that if you factory reset the Freeview box if the newer remote controller will work when setting up the box again.

The voice search button feature will not work, none of the direct short cut keys work apart from the Sky Store button.

Personally i wouldn't consider it and stay with the standard infra red remote controller that comes supplied with the NowTV Freeview box (even if you like the idea of the TV on/standby and volume adjust buttons on the newer smart remote).