cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

Im really disappointed. I have recently purchased a 6 month entertainment pass along with a 2 month movie pass. I used an old nowtv account I had set up previously and removed all my old unused devices along with selecting my new now tv box as a device. It will not let me select any other device to watch on until after september 1st! My daughter wants to use my account on her ipad but she cant! Im so annoyed! Wish I hadnt bothered buying it now. 

67 REPLIES 67
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there .. i bought a box and its saying i cant watch it due to the fact i have other devices in use and cant change until a new month .. with its being the actul box i would have thougt it would be the main thing and wouldnt have neede to wait to make it a device if that makes sence 

thanks in advance Gary 

Hi @Anonymous User

all the kit that can be used to stream NowTV, including their own boxes count as a device. The change limit also applies to all devices. however, if you pop on to live chat. I'm sure they will help you out. Click the link below and then press the live chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

EDIT

Or do what @4268 , has said above Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

as soon as it arrives or will have to wait a month as its a new device,?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can have up to 4 devices. If the box is a replacement pop on to chat and they should be able to help you free a slot to add it.please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear sir or Madame my now TVs can have up to 4 devices says I've added maximum devices and has blocked me all 4 devices have had to delete all of them and now can't use now TVs I'm paying for my name is mr James grierson I've had to delete 2 devices and now I've had to delete mine because of a problem with play and I would like my device reset and to be able to add al 4 devices I had on before this is not the first or second time I've had an issue as a customer I should be getting what I paid for and be able to share with my friends and now have been cut off 2 weeks and is not funny from mr grierson pleases sort out my problem now mr grierson.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

When it comes to device limit resetting, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Support

I  have recently purchased a Now TV box for our bedroom. I have removed a device that has not been used since 2016 (YouView box no longer in contract) to free up a slot but now the admin centre is telling me I can't add it until July 1st?

This is ridiculous as I cannot use my new purchase! Can you please sort this?

Thanks

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User go back on to chat and ask them to free up the slot. Most people are helpful there however a few are awkward sods.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The maximum 4 devices and 1 change per month is so outdated and not customer friendly. Now TV say it is a rights issue but Netflix don't seem to have a device limit and when we  are in a climate where Now and Netflix are competing with each other and Netflix offer unlimited changes for a lower price than Now TV can offer. I only watch one device at once, but like to get the latest technology and with so many devices around the house, a limit of 4 is nothing. 

I'm now in a situation where I have just spent hundreds of pounds on a new tablet with watching TV in mind, yet I cannot use it until 1st February because of this silly policy. The helpdesk wont help as it is a new device rather than a fault with an existing one.