cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv smart box (pink and black)

Hi so I’ve got a new now tv smart box and we bought it because you can’t get the old ones anymore but I cannot get any freeview channels. I’ve read a load of chats on here and I’m aware that this box doesn’t have a build in freeview thing but what I’d like to know is if I bought an indoor aerial and plugged that in would I get freeview aswell ? We had virgin media before and they cut our main aerial connection. I also tried the Pluto app that just gives me aload of random channels and I’m also aware you can get some programmes on catch up 🙄

5 REPLIES 5
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Sadly the current NOW TV Smart Box doesn't have a built in Freeview tuner @Anonymous User . So there is currently no way of getting normal freeview via an aerial 😕 

Sorry about this @Anonymous User 

If you have a Smart TV though you may have the Freeview Play app built in which could be of use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh I don’t have a smart tv it’s just normal ! Bit of a fault on now tvs part surely ? Their old standard box was fine don’t know why they had to do mess around ! Sorry to repeat myself but just to be clear .... I cannot get freeview with this box what so ever ?
chai
Scholar 3

The only Now TV device with Freeview was the original smart box (the one with the blue Now TV logo), and you will need an aerial input for this feature to work. You can buy second hand boxes on CEX and eBay.

3cf96fc70469301c57efd4bc1eb8495a-1200-80.jpg

However the iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4 apps do include live channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the old one aswell but we lost the remote when we moved ! Thanks anyway for the help guys !
chai
Scholar 3

Official replacement remotes available here for £5 delivered: Sky Store