cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv smart box black crashing , no freeview

so the last 4 days my now tv smart box (blue letters on the box almost 1 year and half old) keeps crashing. I'll be watching free view and it jst crashes with a msg popping up saying the home screen service isnt available, i cant watch my freeview. I've factory reset it so many times updated it, changed wifi channel. The whole point of this box was that you can  watch ur free view through it and pause live tv. It's not even 2 years old yet but since its over 12 months currys wouldn't replace it. Its ridiculous that it shld break this soon 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t think your box is broken, but I think NowTV may have fubared a software update for it.

If you look for your issue in the Search box at the top of this Community, you will find several recent mentions of the issue you are having.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t think your box is broken, but I think NowTV may have fubared a software update for it.

If you look for your issue in the Search box at the top of this Community, you will find several recent mentions of the issue you are having.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Sandey
Scholar

I had a similar problem the other day and the time was wrong which was causing it to crash. The UK was wrong so I set my time zone to Ireland and it’s been working since.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same issue. UK time an hour ahead so changed time manually to Ireland and it worked. Thanks for the tip

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just changed to Ireland and it's working again so thank you!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interestingly, ours started doing the same thing, but the time was an hour earlier so setting it to Portugal has fixed it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you from Portugal?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me today, time was out and rebooted when I tried to watch freeview. Switching the timezone to Portugal fixed it.

Wow,  do they actually test these boxes before they push out at update. Unbelievable, sort it out nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same here!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Well, mine is still working OK, so the problem doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

My Smart Box is Model 4500SK

Software Version 9.0.3

Build 4070-16

Regards,

Wlat