cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kee13
Occasional Poster

Now tv smart box black crashing , no freeview

so the last 4 days my now tv smart box (blue letters on the box almost 1 year and half old) keeps crashing. I'll be watching free view and it jst crashes with a msg popping up saying the home screen service isnt available, i cant watch my freeview. I've factory reset it so many times updated it, changed wifi channel. The whole point of this box was that you can  watch ur free view through it and pause live tv. It's not even 2 years old yet but since its over 12 months currys wouldn't replace it. Its ridiculous that it shld break this soon 

Labels (3)
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

Re: Now tv smart box black crashing , no freeview

@Kee13 

I don’t think your box is broken, but I think NowTV may have fubared a software update for it.

If you look for your issue in the Search box at the top of this Community, you will find several recent mentions of the issue you are having.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
8 Replies
RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

@Kee13 

I don’t think your box is broken, but I think NowTV may have fubared a software update for it.

If you look for your issue in the Search box at the top of this Community, you will find several recent mentions of the issue you are having.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Sandey
First Poster

I had a similar problem the other day and the time was wrong which was causing it to crash. The UK was wrong so I set my time zone to Ireland and it’s been working since.

Hope this helps.

Wlat
Regular 4

@Kee 

Well, mine is still working OK, so the problem doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

My Smart Box is Model 4500SK

Software Version 9.0.3

Build 4070-16

Regards,

Wlat

0 Thanks
Joy-S
First Poster

Hi

did you manage to sort this problem as mine is doing exactly the same 

thanks 😁

0 Thanks
Joeyh84
First Poster

I had same issue. UK time an hour ahead so changed time manually to Ireland and it worked. Thanks for the tip

Beanie121
Contributor 1

Just changed to Ireland and it's working again so thank you!! 

0 Thanks
PageFamily
Occasional Poster

Interestingly, ours started doing the same thing, but the time was an hour earlier so setting it to Portugal has fixed it.

0 Thanks
Kee13
Occasional Poster

Are you from Portugal?  

0 Thanks