cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not on LG tv after 24th August

NOW TV will no longer be available on my LGTV after the 24th of August any ideas how I can still access this. I already have a now TV stick in the front room but watch now TV up in the bedroom with no stick .

currently watch  through the Tv app in the bedroom, don’t really wanna pay out for another stick when I don’t need to just to watch now tv or to unplug the stick every night 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank you for your help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, I have the same issue. I have two lg tvs and watch via the apps. 

Nowtv Please advise why you are removing access? The same question for the other devices you are also removing access from in August. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The LG TV models in question use the NetCast operating system which was superceded by WebOS in 2014. Although LG ceased providing operating updates at the end of 2015 they have continued to provide security updates. At the end of August those security updates will also end so NowTV will be unable to ensure the security of your account information stored on the TV itself. Much like mobile phones, tablets and computers, manufacturers can't continue to support older devices as they diminish in number and the tech becomes unable to support more demanding functionality.

Your best course of action would be to email NowTV explaining that without the app you have no access to their services and ask if they'd be willing to send you a free stick. When support for the PS3 ended, many users did indeed receive a free stick as compensation.

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank you for your help