cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box

Hi I have the nowtv app on my phone but I can't download it for my smart TV. I need a nowtv box for my house,  how do I go about getting one ASAP please. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can't buy a NOW branded box because they are no longer made. 

My recommendation is to buy a Amazon Fire stick or Roku stick. Have a nosy at this link for all supported devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   You can still buy the now tv box from Amazon,

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Sure, if you’re crazy, and have money to burn.

The Now devices on Amazon are old models, or wildly overpriced, and often both.

Up to date devices that will run Now, if you need one, can be obtained from Amazon sure - by buying an Amazon Firestick, or a Roku Express or Stick. For between £20 and £50, depending on how fancy you want it; although a £20 Full HD Firestick will suffice for Now, other apps on these devices can offer 4K, which the over-£20 sticks can support.

There is no future, literally, in Now-branded devices 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB  Yes I agree, when I bought mine a few years ago now it was only £30 , I see on Amazon there well over £100 .  But I will say the picture quality is brilliant.

chilli2
Elite

Now Boxes are stripped down Roku devices running custom "now"branded firmware.

for the same experience get a Roku device .

I own both Roku and Fire, and my preference is Roku due to its cleaner interface and all apps listed in a grid as opposed to Fires busy ui aimed at selling amazon content

Either which way i would advise against buying the budget entry models