cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SierraYankee99
Scholar

Re: Now tv box keeps skipping back

@Peachy1992wrote:
This firmware update should be made available to all users as it appears to be an issue for everyone by default not just those who post on this page!

YX005J644048
5686D5644048

It’s set for mass release in March but as stated they will try to push it to people who post here sooner. 

Mikey1989
Mentor

5686c8706626 device id
Yx008a706626 Serial no 
0 Thanks
neil7
Scholar

some time. your a joke!

0 Thanks
neil7
Scholar

Device: 56866A358660

Serial number: YX00A6358660

0 Thanks
neil7
Scholar

@Karl-Fwrote:

Hi All, 

We'd like to apologise for the issues you've encountered when viewing Freeview channels on our NOW TV Smart Box. Our technical teams have identified the cause and a fix for this issue. (included in a newer firmware release)

Currently, with the way we release Firmware updates this has been scheduled for some time in March, however we may be able to get you on the new release early!

In order for us to do this please leave a comment with your NOW TV Box Serial No and Device ID to find this info please please go to Settings > System > About. We’ll try and get the firmware added shortly for you. Once it’s done we’ll let you know.

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
GordonTheGopher
Advocate

Serial no YX007L569201

Device ID 5686A7569201

0 Thanks
neil7
Scholar

that's it. i have 4 smart boxes and they are all the same now. As of this evening they got worse. the boxes are now completely unless. Totally unusable now. My boxes have all been put in the bin this evening. My bank card has been cancelled now. Unless i use now tv on my phone now tv simply does not work anymore. I do have a roku stick but i refuse to use the now tv app because of all this. i now have to go to argos tomorrow to get a free view box to pick up my freeview channels. Im in a now tv combo contract and i wont be paying anything for pulling out early thats a fact. I cant believe your not planing to sort this until march you simply do not care do you. i will never in my life use now tv or sky again. its a free view box and netflix on my roku stick from now on. now tv use are usless, you are gone forever 

@neil7wrote:

@Karl-Fwrote:

Hi All, 

We'd like to apologise for the issues you've encountered when viewing Freeview channels on our NOW TV Smart Box. Our technical teams have identified the cause and a fix for this issue. (included in a newer firmware release)

Currently, with the way we release Firmware updates this has been scheduled for some time in March, however we may be able to get you on the new release early!

In order for us to do this please leave a comment with your NOW TV Box Serial No and Device ID to find this info please please go to Settings > System > About. We’ll try and get the firmware added shortly for you. Once it’s done we’ll let you know.

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
SR71BB
Mentor

Device ID: 568798556166

Serial Number: YX0088556166

Model: 4500SK - Now TV Box

0 Thanks
SR71BB
Mentor

Been facing this issue like everyone else since the last update. I never bothered posting about it before as I'd assumed Nowtv would've fixed it very quickly. I'm posting now only because it could be another month before we get a fix and I'd like them to update my box now. It's a really irritating fault and causes shows to be unwatchable. They should role it out now and not march as there's no guarantee the fix will work, as they didn't catch the flaw with the last update before release. Release it to all is, that way if it doesn't work, you can get working on a different fix immediately instead of waiting til march and only getting to work on a new fix in April.
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@SR71BB

Hi SR

I've just read your post and I can sympathise with your position and why you want the fix rolled out now. However, as a person who has in the past worked quite closely with programmers, I can tell you that fixes and updates are rolled out to a schedule unless they are very urgent.  But how a problem qualifies as "very urgent" is usually determined by how many users are affected by the current problem.

Now, I am going to speculate here, I believe that the programmers working for Now TV do not do so exclusively and so have to balance their time and releases between Now TV and their other employers, this would account for the reason why releases are not rolled out immediately.

Please note, I am not connected to Now TV in anyway whatsoever or an apologist for what they do but, as I said before, I have worked with programmers and I am familiar with their working practices.

UK Bob

0 Thanks