cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box keeps skipping back

The last few days when we are watching channel 5 on smart boxit randomly jumps back about 20 mins to parts we have already seen and have to fast forward to catch up. It happens on other channels but not as much. Brought a new smart box as we thought it could be that but happening on tge new one. Anyine k ow what it could be
181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got 2 months left on my entertainment pass, so I'll be spending that finishing off box sets before ditching NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if you weant to pull out of now tv do it. they cant charge you due to loss of sevice. Thats the law. they are not fixing it they are talking rubbish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this?

Has been a known issue for some time now.

Are customers going to receive a discount on their monthly bills because of a problem caused by now TV?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a really frustrating issue.  Once resolved, I think the least Now Tv can do is offer a discount to its customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to "bump" all the messages relating to the skipping issue to the top of the board...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been suffering from this issue as well now for a number of weeks.  It's utter rubbish.  Keeps skipping back to the point that I paused at and I have to fast forward to catch back up.  Also "blips" whilst watching too.  I won't be waiting long for this promised fix before I ditch NOW TV.  Customer support is non-existent.  I do get the sense that because we're not paying a fortune for a full Sky package they're not interested.  But I used to have a Sky+HD box but didn't use it because I'm not at home that much.  NOW TV should have been the best balance of me having what I need whilst remaining a Sky customer.  But if they can't be bothered supporting us, maybe there's another company out there that will...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Time is up.... 1 month since my box was broken by NOW TV.

The box sets I want to watch are on amazon prime, so no need for NOW TV when my pass runs out.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on two boxes at home, on live TV or after live pause. I am suspicious it's a ploy to annoy and drive me back to Sky as I have since realised they are owned by Sky TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User
Like I said they won’t release a fix until Smart Stick is released to public so just have to wait until 23rd and I bet there be a fix for boxes but remember Smart Stick is replacing Chunky black boxes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:
@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User
Like I said they won’t release a fix until Smart Stick is released to public so just have to wait until 23rd and I bet there be a fix for boxes but remember Smart Stick is replacing Chunky black boxes.

I hope they do for all those affected, but NOW TV have shown that my custom means nothing to them and I shall be taking it elsewhere. 

There will certainly be no Smart Sticks from NOW TV going anywhere near my TV; they can’t even get their existing Smart Box to work.