cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box keeps skipping back

The last few days when we are watching channel 5 on smart boxit randomly jumps back about 20 mins to parts we have already seen and have to fast forward to catch up. It happens on other channels but not as much. Brought a new smart box as we thought it could be that but happening on tge new one. Anyine k ow what it could be
181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue and I swapped the box downstairs with the one from upstairs and I still have the exact same issue. I pause at one pint then when I fast forward it skips back to my last pause position. I think I'm just going to upgrade my Virgin media.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Same problem here with the skipping back about 20 mins, I’ve had the Now TV Smart box for months without any previous issues. 

Has a fix been found or new firmware available to fix what sounds like a recent common issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Don't want to pause the smartbox at all now. If I do, I'm stuck in a perpetual circle of fast forwarding every 15 minutes for the rest of the night. So strange and driving me mad!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing is happening with mine. it will jump back 30mins and you have to fast forward to the last point and if you rewind just a little bit even 30 secs, It will keep counting back to 30 mins even without realising it and the whole thing will start happening again. I hope this issue will be sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happening here. Jumps to the point I paused. ITV AND BBC. EVERYTIME WE PAUSE! New customer. Not impressed. Pausing was the only reason I upgraded my nowTv box. PLEASE FIX THIS.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same scenario here too after the latest update, it's like continually watching Groundhog Day being played out with endless replays of everything.

Mistakes happen and I guess we get that, but the sound of silence from the NowTV mob for at least an explanation of the possible cause is simply not good enough to it's paying customers.

Perhaps all their techies have been headhunted to Intel, in their hour of need. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news of an update. It really is annoying and frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the issues of my TV skipping back 20mins and I'm paying for now home broadband and TV package. My now TV hub box came direct from now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally echo what others have said. Impossible to relax and watch anything as just when you’ve forgotten about it, it jumps back 20 mins. Been happening for weeks and thought it was just us until I read everyone else’s commments. Our box was direct from NowTV too. Hope we’re going to get this solved ASAP and a month’s refund would seem fair in the circs as the service is pretty much unwatchable most nights!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've given up on the NowTv box. Got it to replace an ailing Sky HD box, and wasn't keen to go over to Sky Q at £80.00 per month.

The whole point of the NowTV box, for me, was to be able to watch the Freeview channels, with the occasional top-up for Sport and Movies, but can do without them if pushed. Affordable, with the benefit of the pause/rewind etc functionality.

But now impossible to watch TV with it jumping all over the place. 

As of yesterday, I now have a FreeViewPlay box. Used some of the money I have saved from not having Sky  TV for the last 6 months. And the bonus is that I can record from it.