cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box keeps skipping back

The last few days when we are watching channel 5 on smart boxit randomly jumps back about 20 mins to parts we have already seen and have to fast forward to catch up. It happens on other channels but not as much. Brought a new smart box as we thought it could be that but happening on tge new one. Anyine k ow what it could be
181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same thing happens to me on all freeview channnels...

when i go to rewind a few seconds or fast forward the adverts, it skips back to the point that i last paused/rewound which can be like 20 mins or more.

really frustrating!!!

took my box back to sainsbury's the other day & they swapped it for a new one, but EXACTLY the same problem occurrs on the replacement.

have a friend at work who says the same thing is happening to his box for the last few days.

very suspicious.

had an online chat with support last night, told me to set bitrate to automatic & do a factory reset & when that didn't work they told me to return the box for yet another exchange.

asked if they really thought that 2 different boxes from 2 different shops had exactly the same problem - their response was that sainsbury's wasn't an approved retailer!!!

maybe have to wait for the next software update?

just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

cheers,

stuart.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing the same since Thursday so can’t be the box as I’ve had mine for ages.  Not sure what to do now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Every time I fast forward live TV that has been paused/rewound it skips back to the last point I played from.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's driving me mad
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same things happens to me. Only been watching channel 5 so not sure if it happens on other channels. Very strange
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea that's the channel we notice it most on but now we noticed it more and more on other channels
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and for the delay in an update update for this issue. 

Our teams our investigating this issue and as soon as I receive an update I'll make sure I post in this thread. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting worse all the time! When will it be fixed?? TV practically unwatchable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still happening today we’ve had it for the last week on three different programmes on catch up and now on live tv! It’s so annoying you have to fix this?