cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv 2 hub. Connected to now broadband Monday 29th

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have received my now tv hub 2. Which I will install tomorrow when my broadband goes live. But do I still need the original  now tv box I have been using to watch now tv or will that be combined in the new hub 2. 

Thanks in advance.

wayne

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub is purley a Router for your Broadband internet service, you will still need a supported NowTV playback device such has your NowTV box together with a NowTV pass to watch the NowTV TV streaming service on.

You can have a maximum of six registered devices on your account.

More info here on what devices that you can use to watch NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, did you find out the answer to your question? We've just got the hub2 box and can't work out how to connect it to the TV! Can you help? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When is your live activation date is it today or in a couple of days time ?

If it's today and you have plugged in the NowTV Hub Router to your BT master phone socket is the three green lights showing on the front of the Router.

Perhaps have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/choose-your-hub

If your live activation date is not for a few days yet then you won't be able to use the NowTV Router until then.

Or have you reached the live activation date and the three green lights are showing on the Hub Router and you can't access any of your internet devices over WiFi ?

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your television and are you expecting to watch your nowtv passes on it ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As @schnapps says, getting the router gives you NOW Broadband, but it does not give you any device you can watch NowTV on, even if it comes with a free NowTV Pass.

If you have a smart Samsung (2015 onward) or a smart LG TV, then you will find the NowTV app is on there; otherwise your best option is to get a NowTV Stick, which you can plug in any TV with an HDMI port, Smart or not.

Your new router will come with WiFi, so you should be able to go into the network settings on any smart TV, and follow the instructions there to set it up with your router.

Or you could use an Ethernet cable from router to smart TV, which is easier to set up on the TV, but perhaps harder to arrange the wiring, unless router and TV are very close together.

A NowTV Stick always uses WiFi.

Do come back and ask for more detailed advice if you get stuck at any point!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.