cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now box

I am buying a TV for my son and he wants to watch Now TV on it. I have the Now box in my living room. Is it possible to get another box for him to use under my account in his bedroom? Not sure what I need to do

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is zero chance of you being able to get another NOW branded device as they are no longer made.

Your best option is to get an Amazon Fire stick or Roku stick. As long as it’s listed as a supported device in this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! I’ll have a look into getting a fire stick 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What TV brand and model number are you looking at for your son ?

Where more and more Smart TV's are starting to get the native NOW App on it.

Might be worth checking before buying something like a Roku player or Amazon Fire Stick.

With regards to using your existing NOW account then that would be fine and just sign in with your account NOW login details on your sons device.

Only thing to bear in mind if you don't have the additional Boost Membership then you can have one simultaneous stream when watching NOW (three simultaneous streams with the additional NOW Boost).

Here's a bit more information about NOW Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s a hand me down Samsung TV and doesn’t have smart Tv. Think I’ll go down the fire stick route or look into the boost as I don’t have that. Thank you for your advice 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Boost is definitely the biggest benefit to retain a single account which you would be able to manage. Just need to remember unlike the big hitters like Netflix and Disney+ that NOW doesn’t have profiles ☹️ so your watchlist and continue watching could get really messed up. Much like mines which is a bomb site.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forget to mention if your son is going to share your account and you haven't done it already add a payment pin to your NOW online account to avoid your son buying any additional NOW Memberships on his playback device.

If your TV is a Smart TV then might be worth checking if it has had the NOW App recently added such has Android TV for example and if so, use the NOW App on your existing TV and let him use your old NOW box.