cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV remote

Hi,

Does anyone know how I stop the Now TV remote controller from controlling my TV. When I turn Now TV off, it turns my TV off. Then when I turn my TV on with it’s remote, it turns my Now TV on again!

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The on/ off standby button towards the top of the NowTV smart remote is intended to switch off and on your television by design.

This button wasn't designed to switch off the NowTV stick or smart box, where the stick or box will go into power saved mode after a few hours of non use or if you have connected the stick to a usb port on your television, then once you switch your TV into standby mode either on the smart remote or your TV remote if should then drop power to the stick and power the stick off.

Only use the standby button on the NowTV remote when you actually want to switch off your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Legend. A bit frustrating when I want to turn Now TV off to put Sky box on (for freeview) but I will get used to it, I guess.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't like the feature, then maybe go into the NowTV stick or smart box Settings, under Remote, Set up Remote for TV Control and try disabling the IR command codes for your TV by doing the opposite and ignoring the music prompts on screen.

Personally i really like both the on/off and Volume adjust TV buttons on the NowTV smart remote, which saves me picking up and using my television remote when watching NowTV or Netflix 😁.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As @schnapps says, NowTV is on whenever your TV is on, and on even when your TV isn’t, if you power it from its mains power supply.

So when you want to watch something else, don’t even try to switch the NowTV Stick off; just switch away from it with your TV remote Source button, or maybe just switch the Sky box on, and it will grab the TV anyway, automatically by CEC.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.