Did you mean: 
Frustrated99
Advocate

Re: Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

Done all this. Does nothing

mcginc91
Advocate

For a few months now I have been having a problem with fuzzy/pixellated pictures mainly on the sports channels.  This is enfuriating when you have paid for a sports package.  It seems to effect all the sports channels but the pictures elsewhere are fine.  We have checked for updates; turned the box off and on and although it is a temporary fix the situation keeps repeating.  So there is clearly a problem.    Have the technical team any other suggestions?  Or will you replace the NOW TV box for a model which is working?

Tweekster
Advocate

I have had the blurry issue for sometime now and tried everything. I have a hard wired link to the router, my internet speed is 50 mBits, using a top quality HDMI cable. I have turned off all WiFi devices in the house, including mobile phone,s just incase the devices were causing RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) problems with the NOW TV box, still the problem existed. Thought it could be an overheating problem, as when I powered down the NOW TV box for 30 minutes the fuzzy pictured problem disappeared, but shortly after powering up again the fuzzy picture returned, so I went to the freezeer and extacted a wine bottle chiller and slipped that over the box and guess what, it didnt do a dam thing, it also served as an RF shield, as it was made from a foil outer casing, so should there be any stray RF floating around it wouldn't be able to get to the NOW TV electronics. The only thing I havn't tried is to use a different external power supply to power the NOW TV box, I have in my workshop which is compatable with the one that is supplied with the NOW TV box. 

Come on NOW TV technical department get this sorted, you have a potential design fault, highlighted by many people on this forum.

It's not fair that I purchase a sports pass that is pretty much useless as I am unable to watch what is happening due to the fuzzy picture.

Ironically I have just signed up for 1 month free sports pass for a smart phone device that you are offering and guess what the picture is perfect.

Sarah1986
Advocate

I'm having the same issue and frankly it's getting beyond a joke now.

Over the last week it's been sound issues, missing content and now pixelation.

I've seen some pixelation in the past but never as bad as this, and has only ever lasted a few minutes before clearing up. As it stands I can't even tell who the characters on screen are. 

Not what I pay a subscription for. Sort it out, NOWTV - you're at risk of losing your customers based on the feedback on this forum recently. 

0 Thanks
rossleslie19
Scholar

same here and tried all the ideas......still the same

0 Thanks
lagaba
Advocate

Same issue here, especially the last couple of months. Pretty much every other app on my Roku works fine and resetting the box only resolves the issue for a few minutes. I'm not renewing my subscription after this month.

0 Thanks
rossleslie19
Scholar

Just gone through the palava on live chat ......told him ive reset/done bit rate/software update.....to be told your box must be faulty return to retailer you boughy it from.....absolute idiot who hasnt got a clue 

0 Thanks

I am having this issue on Sky Cinema now after years with no problems at all.

I know it is definitely a NOW TV server streaming issue because:

• when I flipped over to Entertainment Live Streaming it was fine - so it isn't my stick, wireless connection or internet connection
  • works fine on laptop last time I tried it
  • it was fine for several hours one day ago but has now gone back to deteriorated, and the Entertainment channels have deteriorated now as well.

I tried the suggestions above but they make no difference.

I only really use the Live Streams, so if it doesn't improve by the time renewal comes around I will cancel it.

0 Thanks
rossleslie19
Scholar

Join the list of people having same problem.....mine is on smart box and old black box.When i went on live chat i was given the normal 5h1te..... reset box/check internet/jump up & down/turn around etc to be told as smart box is less than 1 yr old it must be broken and to take back to tesco and refund/replace

Then when chat had ended informed via email that case was closed as it had been solved/sorted

0 Thanks
jaberwocky
Advocate

Yup, me too.

I've been using NOWTV via the Roku 2 box (hard wired) to watch sports channels (pay as you go) for a year with no problems at all.

All of a sudden over the last few days the picture quality has deteriorated, as described above. I've tried all the remedies without success. After reset/reboot the picture was ok for all of five minutes. 

Even odder because I have NOWTV running on a Samsung Smartframe TV in another part of the house and it's fine.

So this seems to be a NOWTV/Roku issue - gett it sorted! 

0 Thanks