cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihearttv
Advocate

Re: Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

Worked for literally 5 seconds before it went back to blurry. Looking at my shows it’s been giving me headaches and nausea. Gonna have to give it up as nothing’s changed since the first person who complained. Just seems like everything else is to blame such as the internet speed, tv, cables etc...but! the Nowtv equipment. What a waste of money.

0 Thanks
Mal1
Mentor

Hi Niamh, 

‘I am having the same problem. However, I am using the usb stick not a box. What can I do please? When I purchased the smart stick I also got a month’s free entertainment and film pass which I am a couple of days into using it. Would I lose it if I had to reboot/retune?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mal1 

If you reboot your NowTV stick and router by switching the power off you will not lose any saved or active passes on your account.

When you go into the NowTV stick menu settings under Network > About what's the Wifi reception signal like on the stick ?

You will also need an internet download speed of no less than 2.5Mbps to use the NowTV service (just in case your Broadband speed is marginal).

If the wifi signal is poor and you have a HDMI port on the side of the television rather than the back of the TV, then try the side facing HDMI port or if you have a HDMI extender fly lead then try that with the stick to move the stick away from the casing of the television which could impede the wifi signal.

Also experiment with different wifi channels on your Router and if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz on your Router when using the NowTV stick to see if there is any improvement.

0 Thanks