cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

I have a wired connection to my now TV box, and I'm watching it on a 4khd TV. Recently everyone I watch something the image is really blurry/fuzzy it definitely isn't the Internet as if I come out of the box set I'm trying to watch and go to bbciplayer through now TV it works perfectly and has a perfect image. I then try the box sets ... blurry still.... 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Can you try following these steps:

• Check for updates
  • Manually set the bit rate
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
These instructions can also be found on the NOW TV ROI Help Centre.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
  2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.

You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Factory reset
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Niamh NOWTV Team 😉

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you are using the browser/player combination still, try typing Microsoft Store in the little window bottom left on your Desktop, and then looking for Now TV ( include the space) in the Store.

Install that, and it should be greatly superior to the old way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I found it but one look at the reviews showed I would be wasting my time.

Giving up on 'Now'!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve never had any issue with the Windows app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
OK I have had the same problem, especially bad when watching formula one, but coincidentally I had an old roku tv stick and I set now tv up on this. It is a bit slower connecting but when it does there is no pixellation and the picture is perfect, so it must be caused by the changes made to the roku system by sky.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now bought a new roku express 3900 available from lots of places for £25. It is fast and doesn't pixellate so well worth the money. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for literally 5 seconds before it went back to blurry. Looking at my shows it’s been giving me headaches and nausea. Gonna have to give it up as nothing’s changed since the first person who complained. Just seems like everything else is to blame such as the internet speed, tv, cables etc...but! the Nowtv equipment. What a waste of money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Niamh, 

‘I am having the same problem. However, I am using the usb stick not a box. What can I do please? When I purchased the smart stick I also got a month’s free entertainment and film pass which I am a couple of days into using it. Would I lose it if I had to reboot/retune?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you reboot your NowTV stick and router by switching the power off you will not lose any saved or active passes on your account.

When you go into the NowTV stick menu settings under Network > About what's the Wifi reception signal like on the stick ?

You will also need an internet download speed of no less than 2.5Mbps to use the NowTV service (just in case your Broadband speed is marginal).

If the wifi signal is poor and you have a HDMI port on the side of the television rather than the back of the TV, then try the side facing HDMI port or if you have a HDMI extender fly lead then try that with the stick to move the stick away from the casing of the television which could impede the wifi signal.

Also experiment with different wifi channels on your Router and if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz on your Router when using the NowTV stick to see if there is any improvement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know that your probably have limited staff and are busy with everyone else being at home in isolation.

I have tried software update, bit rate change from Auto to 2mbps and 2.5mbps and factory reset but the image when watching past sporting events in HD from boost the image seems grainy.

Yet when adverts etc are on the image quality is perfect.

Watching Sky Sports HD though Now TV Roku stick on a 4K 55 tv.

Many Thanks 

Alex

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the solutions and nothing works

Now stick and the New Now app on my smart TV

Every few minutes it goes blurred. 

I have Now Boost too? 

My internet is ok and I stream 4k Amazon Prime and Netflix and even UHD on BBC player all ok

Please help as it otherwise makes no sense in paying for the service