cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaeveR
Advocate

Re: Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

Spoiler
Hi All members I have bad news on this issue after 5 attempts via live chat tonight finally sky have admitted that the problem is with the boxes and they have no solution absolutely nothing to suggest no compensation and I suppose I am just to go and buy three more devices with an appallingly short lifespan. I am disgusted with their so called customer service 
0 Thanks
Willthiswork
Observer

So you buy a pass and then every hour or so you have to stop and go through all that ? This is not the first time this has happened , compensation should be offered , very poor solution , all the equipment belongs to nowtv we are on a 3rd box and this always happens intermittently when watching live TV,  funny it  never happens with any other service , 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Highland
Scholar

I have a stick (which I haven't used much due to temperature concerns). I have largely watched NowTV through my laptop via the NowTV player. I do not have a fast connection, but it is easily capable of 720p. The picture also goes slightly fuzzy occasionally. In my case, I believe the issue lies firmly at NowTV's (or Sky's) end, either with their own servers or the NowTV software, and not with the user.

0 Thanks
Dancingmo
Advocate

The change bit rate procedure worked for a while, although it still went fuzzy sometimes.  

Now I can’t get it to give me the bitrate change screen so can’t change it at all.  Have done the home5 rewind3& f f 2 but it just stays in the home screen going through the connections.

seems to be getting more & more probs with Now TV which is a shame as the concept was good

0 Thanks
Gnasher328
Advocate

Hi All

Don't think your boxes are to blame. Iam using a reasonably powerful Core i3 Windows 10 PC and have the same problem. Netflix is fine so fairly sure it's not my system. Think I will unsubscribe if they can't provide an acceptable service!

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gnasher328 

If you are using the browser/player combination still, try typing Microsoft Store in the little window bottom left on your Desktop, and then looking for Now TV ( include the space) in the Store.

Install that, and it should be greatly superior to the old way.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Gnasher328
Advocate

Thanks, I found it but one look at the reviews showed I would be wasting my time.

Giving up on 'Now'!

0 Thanks
GaryL
Expert 2

I’ve never had any issue with the Windows app.

davestout
Advocate

OK I have had the same problem, especially bad when watching formula one, but coincidentally I had an old roku tv stick and I set now tv up on this. It is a bit slower connecting but when it does there is no pixellation and the picture is perfect, so it must be caused by the changes made to the roku system by sky.
0 Thanks
davestout
Advocate

I have now bought a new roku express 3900 available from lots of places for £25. It is fast and doesn't pixellate so well worth the money. 

0 Thanks