cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

I have a wired connection to my now TV box, and I'm watching it on a 4khd TV. Recently everyone I watch something the image is really blurry/fuzzy it definitely isn't the Internet as if I come out of the box set I'm trying to watch and go to bbciplayer through now TV it works perfectly and has a perfect image. I then try the box sets ... blurry still.... 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Can you try following these steps:

• Check for updates
  • Manually set the bit rate
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
These instructions can also be found on the NOW TV ROI Help Centre.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
  2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.

You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Factory reset
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Niamh NOWTV Team 😉

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi have been in touch with live chat on 3 occasions now about this problem and just keep getting the usual run around reset stick check internet connection even had me set up WiFi hot spot on mobile phone but problem persists. On last occasions I was told they would pass it on to tech team who would email me that was three days ago still nothing. They don't want to admit the problem is at Thier end as they would have to refund people. Sort it out Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been on live chat 3 times also for this problem. I’ve been disconnected twice from the chat so had to speak to someone different each time which meant going through the same so called ‘fixes’.

I was then emailed offering a full refund. I gave them another chance to fix the issue but got no where. I then accepted the refund to which they lowered the amount they want to refund me and then closed my complaint. Still no refund received.

If anyone gets anywhere with this please let me know. I’m currently contacting CEDR as don’t know what else to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

For what its worth, the software update to my new 4K box received on Friday 26th Oct. brought with it a significant improvement in the pixelated display issues we've been having.

I managed to watch F1 quali on Saturday, the race on Sunday, and much more live coverage without any pixelation at all. A stunning difference over the previous weekend.

I've not seen anyone else reporting improvements, which I can't explain, but hopefully if you can grab this update, you might have the same success:

Version 8.1.3, build 4170-68

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We also have the new 4K smart box and the picture has been so much better since update on Friday night. But Nowtv should be giving every customer compensation for the bad service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv cancelled my sports pass within a day of this update coming out. They didn’t make me aware of it.

on top of that they have only refunded part of my money as I was ‘watching’ the sports channel. The only reason the sports channel was on is because I was trying to fix the picture and talking to their live chat!!!

Now they won’t respond about refunding me the rest of the money despite me having an email which confirms my full money will be refunded. To be honest if I knew an update was that close I would have waited but there was no communication from them at all and they just kept telling me the issue was my end!!

They have handled this situation so poorly and I too am reporting this to the regulators so I can get my full money back and take my business elsewhere. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All members I have bad news on this issue after 5 attempts via live chat tonight finally sky have admitted that the problem is with the boxes and they have no solution absolutely nothing to suggest no compensation and I suppose I am just to go and buy three more devices with an appallingly short lifespan. I am disgusted with their so called customer service 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you buy a pass and then every hour or so you have to stop and go through all that ? This is not the first time this has happened , compensation should be offered , very poor solution , all the equipment belongs to nowtv we are on a 3rd box and this always happens intermittently when watching live TV,  funny it  never happens with any other service , 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a stick (which I haven't used much due to temperature concerns). I have largely watched NowTV through my laptop via the NowTV player. I do not have a fast connection, but it is easily capable of 720p. The picture also goes slightly fuzzy occasionally. In my case, I believe the issue lies firmly at NowTV's (or Sky's) end, either with their own servers or the NowTV software, and not with the user.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solved by changing mb from automatic to 2.5 and also updated software. Changing mb was the solution.