cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

I have a wired connection to my now TV box, and I'm watching it on a 4khd TV. Recently everyone I watch something the image is really blurry/fuzzy it definitely isn't the Internet as if I come out of the box set I'm trying to watch and go to bbciplayer through now TV it works perfectly and has a perfect image. I then try the box sets ... blurry still.... 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Can you try following these steps:

• Check for updates
  • Manually set the bit rate
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
These instructions can also be found on the NOW TV ROI Help Centre.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
  2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.

You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Factory reset
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Niamh NOWTV Team 😉

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on entertainment, movies and sports. Done everything tech have asked.

Spent hours on the online chat with no help. I keep asking if nowtv are aware of this issue and they just say my stick is faulty even though it happened on the nowtv box so bought a stick. 

I'm going to make a complaint and ask for a full refund of the last 2 months. Only got sports for the husband to watch F1 and he can't even do that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Hi All members I have bad news on this issue after 5 attempts via live chat tonight finally sky have admitted that the problem is with the boxes and they have no solution absolutely nothing to suggest no compensation and I suppose I am just to go and buy three more devices with an appallingly short lifespan. I am disgusted with their so called customer service 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done all this. Does nothing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For a few months now I have been having a problem with fuzzy/pixellated pictures mainly on the sports channels.  This is enfuriating when you have paid for a sports package.  It seems to effect all the sports channels but the pictures elsewhere are fine.  We have checked for updates; turned the box off and on and although it is a temporary fix the situation keeps repeating.  So there is clearly a problem.    Have the technical team any other suggestions?  Or will you replace the NOW TV box for a model which is working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the blurry issue for sometime now and tried everything. I have a hard wired link to the router, my internet speed is 50 mBits, using a top quality HDMI cable. I have turned off all WiFi devices in the house, including mobile phone,s just incase the devices were causing RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) problems with the NOW TV box, still the problem existed. Thought it could be an overheating problem, as when I powered down the NOW TV box for 30 minutes the fuzzy pictured problem disappeared, but shortly after powering up again the fuzzy picture returned, so I went to the freezeer and extacted a wine bottle chiller and slipped that over the box and guess what, it didnt do a dam thing, it also served as an RF shield, as it was made from a foil outer casing, so should there be any stray RF floating around it wouldn't be able to get to the NOW TV electronics. The only thing I havn't tried is to use a different external power supply to power the NOW TV box, I have in my workshop which is compatable with the one that is supplied with the NOW TV box. 

Come on NOW TV technical department get this sorted, you have a potential design fault, highlighted by many people on this forum.

It's not fair that I purchase a sports pass that is pretty much useless as I am unable to watch what is happening due to the fuzzy picture.

Ironically I have just signed up for 1 month free sports pass for a smart phone device that you are offering and guess what the picture is perfect.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and frankly it's getting beyond a joke now.

Over the last week it's been sound issues, missing content and now pixelation.

I've seen some pixelation in the past but never as bad as this, and has only ever lasted a few minutes before clearing up. As it stands I can't even tell who the characters on screen are. 

Not what I pay a subscription for. Sort it out, NOWTV - you're at risk of losing your customers based on the feedback on this forum recently. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here and tried all the ideas......still the same

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All members I have bad news on this issue after 5 attempts via live chat tonight finally sky have admitted that the problem is with the boxes and they have no solution absolutely nothing to suggest no compensation and I suppose I am just to go and buy three more devices with an appallingly short lifespan. I am disgusted with their so called customer service 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The change bit rate procedure worked for a while, although it still went fuzzy sometimes.  

Now I can’t get it to give me the bitrate change screen so can’t change it at all.  Have done the home5 rewind3& f f 2 but it just stays in the home screen going through the connections.

seems to be getting more & more probs with Now TV which is a shame as the concept was good

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

Don't think your boxes are to blame. Iam using a reasonably powerful Core i3 Windows 10 PC and have the same problem. Netflix is fine so fairly sure it's not my system. Think I will unsubscribe if they can't provide an acceptable service!