cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV image fuzzy/blurry/pixellated

I have a wired connection to my now TV box, and I'm watching it on a 4khd TV. Recently everyone I watch something the image is really blurry/fuzzy it definitely isn't the Internet as if I come out of the box set I'm trying to watch and go to bbciplayer through now TV it works perfectly and has a perfect image. I then try the box sets ... blurry still.... 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to the Forum 🙂

Can you try following these steps:

• Check for updates
  • Manually set the bit rate
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
These instructions can also be found on the NOW TV ROI Help Centre.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Manually set the bit rate
On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Rewind x3 then Fast Forward x2 in this order.
  2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.

You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Factory reset
Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.

Once the reset's complete, you'll need to set your NOW TV box back up.
If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Niamh NOWTV Team 😉

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

• Check for updates
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.
If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

On your NOW TV remote:

2. We recommend you select the 2.0 MBPS or 2.5 MBPS option as they'll give you the best quality compared to the other options.

You could also try moving your NOW TV box closer to your wireless router to see if the poor playout is being caused by something in your house blocking the wireless signal to your box.

Reset the box
Hard reset
On the back of the NOW TV box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).
Factory reset

2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everything and press the Play / Pause button three times.

If this hasn't worked, try connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this fix! I had the same issue and setting the bit rate to 2.5 instead of auto seems to have sorted it out. Love my NOW TV! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for this fix! I had the same issue and setting the bit rate to 2.5 instead of auto seems to have sorted it out. Love my NOW TV! 🙂

How do I set bit rate??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a NowTV or Roku playback device then follow step 4 on this linked guide.

Not sure if it will make any difference with your picture quality though.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The instructions for manually re-setting the bit rate are inoperable on my nowtv box because pressing the buttons on the remote, following the sequence you suggest is taking me nowhere!

Please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subsequent to my previous post regarding this subject, I went through the process of re-setting the box to its original factory settings.

This fixed the problem for all of 50 or so seconds.

The blurry image has returned although the connection to my broadband service remains excellent. Currently 32.1 Mb/s.

I'm paying for a subscription service and would appreciate a resolution to this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I found when I did this reset it worked but only temporarily, I seem to have found out the reason why and it seems to be down to the device over heating. We have found that if we ensure the now tv box is always off then you can watch the box for about 2.5 hours once you have turned it on, before it gets hot and goes fuzzy .... not great but that's what we have found ... (We have a wired connection) (when watching things on the now tv box via the iPlayer or more 4 you can watch for as long as you like and it doesn't go fuzzy......
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a problem with furry picture on all love sport. Have done the all three suggested update, bit rate & resets but no change. 

Is this a Roku box problem? 

@Anonymous User wrote:

• Check for updates
  • Reset the box

Check for updates
On the NOW TV remote:

On your NOW TV remote:

Reset the box
Hard reset
Factory reset

2. Select Factory Reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have followed all of the suggestions set bit rate reset the box which worked for a night now it’s back with bad fuzzy picture it’s unwatchable if I do a network reset it’s ok for half hour then back again

internet in wired and I have 200 mbs plus so it’s not my internet I need help with this and solution before I cancel it all !